Sign in to follow this  

(Warning) Honda OEM parts warranty

If you are thinking about buying Honda OEM parts instead of aftermarket, you might want to think again....I had a stator installed by an unauthrized dealer and the stator failed.....There were signs of heat on the sleeve that covers the wiring that is outside the case and the dealership (Pasadena Honda)that I bought it from claimed that the wires had been pinched during installation which shorted out the stator and the part warranty was now void....That was not the case....The wires were not pinched but that is the story the dealership(Pasadena Honda)told the factory and now I am out $350.00+...Just a little story I thought I would share....In my opinion you are better off dealing with the smaller shops that need your business to survive....Honda evidentally doesn't.

Wow, that sucks. I guess in hindsite taking a picture with a digital camera would have helped, but who would have thought of that up front? :cry:

I did get the Honda rep on the phone and he wouldn't budge off of what the dealership (Pasadena Honda 2901 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena, TX) said....He didn't even want to look at the part....He said the dealerships are thier eyes and ears and what ever the dealership says goes....end of story...I gave him my opinion of that policy

I am working with a shop in Pasadena, TX called Pasadena Cycle Supply @ 2311 Shaver St

Pasadena, TX....The guys there are really good and are going to install another stator and trouble shoot the overheating problem at thier cost....

Just another reason to have a good relationship with the local dealer....if they like you, they'll take care of you. That's why I ride Yamaha's and have bought all of them from the same excellent dealership. They take very, very good care of me, and sell them to me cheap!....$6k OTD for my 03 WR450 in July, 03.....$198 for the 04 starter upgrade parts, 20% off anything I buy besides bikes :cry:

I did get the Honda rep on the phone and he wouldn't budge off of what the dealership (Pasadena Honda 2901 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena, TX) said....He didn't even want to look at the part....He said the dealerships are thier eyes and ears and what ever the dealership says goes....end of story...I gave him my opinion of that policy