Sign in to follow this  

Learning2Fly!!!!!Starwest!!!!!

L2F and all others...The people we are going to the tracks with on Oct. 7 and 8 are suggesting Starwest on Thursday and Elsinore on Fri. What do you think. This is a slight change in plans. Any info on Starwest? Will Elsinore be busier on Friday due to the fact that they hold races on Fri. I have a million questions but not much time right now. Any info would be great. Hope you guys can join us wherever we end up!!!

I've never done Starwest but I heard its narrow and sort of burly... you might get freaked there, people flying over your head. You'd be better off doing it the other way around, at least at Elsinor you can 'warm up' on the ladies track, then do the Vet track, THEN hit Star West! Just a thought... :cry:

Elsinor might be busy Friday...are they racing on Fridays now? I know they close the race track to PREP for races on SATURDAY, which means a few more people on the Vet track as the race track tends to draw some off when its open(including me, its burly but I like that its rarely busy!)

Thats about all I know about it! Keep us informed with your plans! :cry:

Hey, are you renting bikes? What will you be riding??

As far as I know Elsinore only holds races on Saturday morning. Friday is just as good as any day to ride.

Starwest is open for big bikes from 9 am to 10 pm on Thursday and only 9-2:30 on Friday. I don't particularly enjoy this track because it is sooo tight and jumpy, but I went when it was really crowded and it might have changed by now. :cry:

Starwest has fewer tabletops and is probably less forigving than Elisnore.

Elsinore has been really vacant for during the week for the last couple of weeks. Last Friday it was almost empty. I have a view of the track from my office window. This morning there are less than a dozen bikes at Elsinore. Temp is in the mid 60's with a slight overcast. Damn near perfect...

None of the tracks are very "atracktive" on the weekend days. What about trails on the weekend and the track during the week?

RH