Sign in to follow this  

230 Seat Height

Did honda ever make the 230 with taller seat height then now, I saw a 04 230 at a dealer and it looked a lot smaller then mine.

2005 is the third production year for the CRF230F. The 3year run of these bikes are identical except for mild graphics changes.

2005 is the third production year for the CRF230F. The 3year run of these bikes are identical except for mild graphics changes.

Based on the continuous improvements Honda made on the XR200 until it was finally replaced by the CRF230/150 that has an e-start and stronger tranny, you can pretty much look forward to each new year model having "newly designed graphics" or a different color frame, seat cover and/or plastics, for years to to come. Unless Honda lets one of their engineers try building it with 7 1/2 valves, 3 carburators along with 3 exhaust ports while neglecting to include an oil cooler, in which case it will only last a year or two before they go back to the origional design! :cry:

Just a few of the things that we all would like to see on new models:

Improved adjustable dampening suspension? Probably not.

Oil cooler for those of us adding cc's to the bike? Probably no.

A rear disc brake setup like the Euro Honda/Montessa Easy Enduro models already have? Not likely.

We can only hope that the model continues to grow in popularity and the aftermarket companies realize that there is a demand for quality parts to upgrade these bikes along with those of us that can and will spend the $$$ to buy them.

USA baby! :cry: It's all about supply and demand......Karl

Did honda ever make the 230 with taller seat height then now, I saw a 04 230 at a dealer and it looked a lot smaller then mine.

Alot of dealers dial down the rear suspension to about 3" of static sag so the height isn't so intimidating to the demographic this bike is aimed at. Unfortunately when the sag is set correctly, the seat is pretty high and the kickstand isn't really long enough.

Then again, maybe the bike just looked smaller sitting next to bigger bikes. :cry:

Red,

I am planning on getting the CRF-230 in about two weeks. I am 6'0" and 180lbs. How do I know if the dealer has the seat dialed down so to speak? or should I just inform them to adjust it appropriately for my height when I purchase it?