Sign in to follow this  

helmet lock removal

Just a quick dumba$$ question.....is that a "torques" head screw holding the helmet lock to the back fender :cry: :cry:

You have to buy the special torqes bit

LOL :cry:

Or just take a drill und drill that litle middle part till the usual/normal hex bit(found in any tool kit) fits and your done. But you will be left with the aluminum part stiking out below the fender line...I say dont bother with the hex key and the drilling. Take a hack saw and cut that peace off as close as you can to the subframe. Now......its gonna look good :cry:

Speaking of helmet locks.....

This bike is the first time i've had one, and i have no fuggin clue on how to get the helmet to sit nice and tight against the fender so the tire doesnt rub it.

I tryed clipping the metal rings in, then doing the helmet up and cinching it tight since thats the only method i could think of that might work...but it creeps down a bit and rubs..ive got a big rubbed area on my street/passenger helmet now.

You always see sportbikes driving with the helmet right snug against the bike..how is it done?

Personaly, I cannot think of a time when I would use that lock purely b/c of its location. I was thinking there should be a way to move it to the handlebars. Anyone else ever think of this or is it a stupid idea?

do you happen to know the size it needs bronco :cry: Or do I have to buy a whole friggin set of them :cry:

Helmet locks are a waste. Anyone that wants to steal your helmet will just cut the strap and use a strap off thier old junker. :cry:

So don't waste your time using it. :cry: Keep your helmet with you and avoid theft. :cry: :cry:

Helmet locks are a waste. Anyone that wants to steal your helmet will just cut the strap and use a strap off thier old junker. :cry:

So don't waste your time using it. :cry: Keep your helmet with you and avoid theft. :cry: :cry:

Your joking,, right :cry: The strap is not removable, or replicable.. how the heck is someone going to

use a strap off thier old junker

Ummm, while I did remove mine.. I’ve used um on this bike and in the past.

Lets see, 20 years in CA, never had one stolen from a lock, just a few more years in various other states and a few other countries,, and none stolen from a lock…

Umm, Show of hands from those that have had a helmet stolen form a motorcycle helmet lock???? Anyone?????? Anyone??????

Uhhhh Bronco.... :cry:

You think someone cant cut it off? You think someone cant rig something together later? :cry:

My father was a Sacramento Sheriff Deputy for over 25 years and he has had plenty of people who had thier helmets stolen from the useless helmet lock. So don't think it can't happen to you too. :cry:

Hell if they want it that bad the can have it. Actually sounds to me that if they go through all of that to get a helmet then their head might have already bounced off the tarmac :cry:

Uhhhh Bronco.... :cry:

You think someone cant cut it off? You think someone cant rig something together later? :cry:

My father was a Sacramento Sheriff Deputy for over 25 years and he has had plenty of people who had thier helmets stolen from the useless helmet lock. So don't think it can't happen to you too. :cry:

All good,, and the moron that cuts the strap, and

rig something together later

will get what he deserves...... Killed when he hits the ground and the "rig" falls off.. and for the record,, No I'm not worried,, read the post above :cry: your stories, of your fathers stories not withstanding.. the proof for me, is it has never happened in 39 years to me, or anyone I know, met, or ride with.. So it may happen,, but the odds are not worth the paranoia or extra hassle,, if I choose to use the lock on my next bike.

And for the record No I do not think someone will "rig something together later" I think locks may get broken, or the biker never really locked the lock,, and the helmet was stolen.. That I can see. But who knows,, there are all types out there.... Just hard to believe that the guy who believes in wearing a helmet,, would wear one ,, he has tied on his head with kite string? :cry:

Forget the special tools....Take a punch and hit the center pin at an angle, it breaks right off with 1 or 2 shots, then your standard hex should do the job. Mine came off in seconds then I cut the bracket off the frame and sanded it down, NICE AND SMOOTH!!!