Sign in to follow this  

why don't chad reed and bubba do television commercials for yam & kaw

i've seen honda commercials with carmichael and suzuki commercials with pastrana and i just saw a real nice yamaha commercial where there were these generic riders with like number 11 and 19 and im thinkin, "why are they showing these robots jumping their YZs when they have guys like chad reed and ferry and vuillimin under contract?" same with kawasaki, i cant remember seeing a kawaski commercial with stewart ripping up a KX. are rider/factory relations that sketchy?

if i were kawasaki right now, i'd have 30 second spots during every motorcycle-related tv show with some crazy mel gibson-directed mini movie of bubba destroying a race track on a KX250.

:cry:

Maybe b/c Reed is too busy making Thor commercials - BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.....

Good point, you have to wonder why the manufacturers aren't using their star talents for commerical. Honda has the Rock it its latest commericial, Suzuki has Rick Johnson. I think the Yamaha and Kawasaki commercials have ATVs :cry: in them.

Actually, #11 was riding blue this year. When he wasn't hurt.

Darryl

Well, Ezra Lusk (11) and Doug Henry (19) aren't exactly goons :cry:

True, they may not be as well known today as Bubba and Reed, but they've got some juice. Don't forget, Doug was the first rider since the rise of 2 strokes to ever win a national title on a four stroke. :cry:

(I don't know who was actually riding the bikes, and I agree with your marketing plan to use Bubba... just didn't want it to go unmentioned that 11 and 19 are noble numbers)

I think you'll be seeing 19 on a red bike soon. Maybe 11 too.

CR? Australian

DV? French

Bubba? I don't recall that many Kawasaki commercials. Maybe they are afraid of being sued. No one else can make a KX125 go nearly that fast. :cry:

I see Chad Reed in this one commercial on OLN all the time. The one where they are driving down the road making noises at people. I think it may be a Thor commercial or something.