Sign in to follow this  

How much Hp should I expect from a Big bore kit??

How much HP should I expect from a drz400 with a 434mt or 440 big bore kit. I have both hotcams 39mm fcr carb yoshi cdi and will be running 13.5 / 1 compression???

Also does any one how much HP those falcon crank motors are putting out??

:cry: :cry:

How much HP should I expect from a drz400 with a 434mt or 440 big bore kit. I have both hotcams 39mm fcr carb yoshi cdi and will be running 13.5 / 1 compression???

48+/- or so.depends on the dyno.mine are not good represenatives,but a customer recently dynoed his 440 i built last winter.same set up as you but with a edelbrock carb.he gained 7 hp on a S (was 3x3 and jetted previous) and the jetting was still rich.

Also does any one how much HP those falcon crank motors are putting out??

the 503 is clamed to be right at 60.

• Like 1

What about the 434 with CV carb and stock cams but with jetting and 3x3. Would I have to get the Cams and the FCR to get 50hp?

"the 503 is clamed to be right at 60"

So if you can get 60bhp why do people go for the smaller conversions? Isit at its limit as a 503cc? Can you just bolt on a 503cc kit and go or do you need to up grade any other bits?

What would you say is the best bolt on kit for the S (3x3, full Yosh and dyno kit)

becuase whera the 436 is a $450 deal that you can build your self the 503 is a $1500 deal thats not for novice engine builders.it si not bolt on and go.

the 503 is not a play motor.

becuase whera the 436 is a $450 deal that you can build your self the 503 is a $1500 deal thats not for novice engine builders.it si not bolt on and go.

Sooooooooooo................... if you wanted a bit more ooomph for SM`ing so you could gearit for a bit mroe top and not loose that low down wheelie antics what CC increase is best??

So a 436 with both cams will get 50hp? I would like to keep the CV carb for a least decent gas milage. :cry:

That set-up, how reliable is it? Will it last as long as a stock engine or at least close to it?

I'm thinking of a big bore for my KFX can you guys help out with a couple of questions. What problems manifest with the iron liner 440 big bore? What diference is there between the 12.5 and 13.5 compression kits?

iron liners do not transfer heat properly.the sleeve expands at a different rate than the rest of the cylinder.it cuases head gasket issue.

the use of iron liner intorduces another human step into the picture.there are very few than do a bore job properly.

iron liners take your motor bakc 15 years in technology.

there is no price difference having done correctly.

Is that $1500 including labor? I might go for that when I come back to the U.S. What do you mean by the 503 is not a play motor? Do you mean that it's in too high of a state of tune to be reliable as an off-road recreational bike? Or do you mean the power will be too much for a bike use for non-racing purposes? If you had that much to spend ($1500) and already had the Yosh and FCR which would be the best way to go? The Falikon Engine, the Yosh 450 Kit, or the Millenium kit with HotCams and E base gasket?