Sign in to follow this  

Baffle

Hi, I have anouther one of those annoying baffle questions. :cry:

I was wondering if I have to change the jetting if i decide to just take the baffle out:confused:. I don't wanna screw up the engine by running it to lean.

Today, I just had to take the baffle out to hear what my bike sounds like. I did it while my dad was working Problem is he didn't want me to do it. I am feeling a little guilty, lol :cry:. I didn't think it seemed as loud as some people make it sound, it just sounded more throaty and mean. But, I am used to hearing my CR125 and really loud cars, so maybe that why.

Oh yeah the bike is a CRF150.

Doesn't your CRF150 feel like an undersprung moped compared to your CR125?

Anyway, your 150 will run too lean with the baffle out on anything much longer than a test ride.

:cry:

Alright thanks for the reply, and yes it does have alottt, less power than the 125, but I like having the smaller bike for riding on trails better, in my opinion its easier to ride through tight trails. It is also alot more reliable.I like riding the 125 through mud and going on logging roads.

Can't you just adjust the mixture screw instead of getting new jets and everything if all you are doing is taking the baffle out?:cry:

You will have to drop the clip on the needle and fumble with the screw settings. I did this as a temporary bandage while waiting for my jets. It works by having your bike running ok, but nonthing works together. The main is too lean, the needles there, and the pilots just aout there.

Jets are 3 bucks a pop, so myswell, do it once and do it right :cry: