Sign in to follow this  

BAD NEWS FROM KIBBLEWHITE-NO VALVES COMING!

I called web-cam to find out if kw had valves ready only to have Debbie call them and get some kind of STORY.She called me back saying they needed a 250 head to use.WHAT?She said she knew the guy (chris i think)that she talked to pretty well.She ask me to use my head!WHAT,THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE!Debbie said i should call Brian at horsepower unlimited 909-851-8710.

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME A DIFFERENT STORY.I'm helping a friend with his sons bike and they ride every wkend.Can i buy the ss valves somewhere else and just use the kw spring kit?How are ya'll(mississippi talk)fixing yours?

I thought kw would be the first to make ss valves for the 250r.H-E-L-P,CLAY

As you know, every 4 stroke single on the market that's running ti valves has an issue with some type of valve train problem.

Since these are brand new cylinder head packages a new spring has to be designed and wound for every bike. It is no small matter to design, model, and test valve train components for what is basically a single cylinder Formula 0ne engine. Especially when you consider we are trying to improve on something a huge company has spent millions of dollars on developing.

We started with the CRF450R and finished that. Then we covered all of the 5 valve Yamahas. We are currently finishing up the KX250X/RMZ250. The CRF250 is in the middle of the design process.

Unfortunately, we can't finish everything first. This time the Honda is the last one done.

We won't sell just the steel valves for the Honda - because to run steel valves with the stock springs would be a disaster for the rider. Apparently there are some things out there that aren't holding up much better than the factory stuff. We won't be releasing anything that fails. We will release everything at once, when we are confident that all of the components meet our standards.

As far as aquiring a cylinder head for design work-We occasionally work with a builder who has a head they can spare when we are designing new parts. And if it looks like something we are going to go into production on, we'll give them the kit in exchange for the use of the head. Other times when we are asked to develop something specific for a team-they pay us to develop a valve train system for their particular combination.

Often times when there is a time issue it's faster to get a head from someone who already has one, then to wait for one to become available from the factory. Particularly when guys are running around like their hair's on fire trying to find parts that will live.

In the case of the Honda, we have a head, Debbie didn't realize that, and she was trying to help you out by attempting to speed up the process. Lot's of folks appreciate the opportunity to work with someone and get something for free in return. If that idea doesn't appeal to you, that's OK. If you think it's a joke that's OK too.

It's worked well for us, and there have been some good business relationships and frienships built around the give and take, and exchange of information that takes place in the type of situation that I've described.

As for a time frame on the CRF250 parts- we are probably 8 weeks out as the prototypes still have to be tested.

We apologize to those that are frustrated over having to wait for parts that are better than what's available out there now. We're moving forward at the best possible speed we can, and still feel confidant that we've covered every detail.

Best Regards to all

Mike Perry

R&D Dept.

Kibblewhite Precision Machining Inc.

Thanks for the reply Mike. Let us know when they are available, looks like alot of folks want to know. I have not had problems yet but would love the better option when I do.

Mike,what really gets me big time is to think that afew of us were told that you would have them ready late sep/early oct.

I have kw kits 2-1sold they are high quality in my opinion.I would like to use kw in my buddies sons bike.

Just do us one favor-if there is a chance it is going to be 3 or 4 more months,tell us now!I really thought I was 1 week or so away from puting his bike back together.Can you hear the dissapointment?THANKS,CLAY

its not the companys putting the kit combinations together its the spring manufactures i was suposed to have my springs the middle of august .the 2 best spring manufactures are here in michigan peterson and PSI and there both busy with automotive contracts so the motor cycle gets put on the back burner.Ron

Clay-

We had delays in the development projects that were ahead of the Honda- It took a while to design a dual spring that would fit and live in the small 5 valve Yamaha head package.

And, we had to design new spring for the KX/RMZ. Along with the springs, we also had to design and prototype retainers and guides for those heads, and a tappet for the KX/RMZ. We've also got the 250 and 450 Husky stuff cooking. And of course a full plate of street bike/cruiser stuff-Harley has gone to all 7.0mm, and we've been working with Hoban Brothers racing on that deal, making parts for their #1 plate bike for the last 2 seasons.

Anyway- we are trying to wrap up the Honda 250 stuff now, and I apologize for the delay. As I said in another post, I can't finish everything first- and with the current state of all the OEM 4 stroke single packages, no matter which one we finish, a handful of owners with bikes of a different color are wondering why we didn't finish the kit for their bikes.

Believe me, as soon as we get the CRF250 ready to send out I'll let everyone know!

Best Regards,

Mike

The two best spring Mfg's.? Motorcycles get put on the back burner.

After the process control plan is complete and wire is available then delivery is predictable. These are springs not motorcycles.

Can you explain to Hardhat why these two spring mfg's are the best?

.....We had delays in the development projects that were ahead of the Honda- ........Believe me, as soon as we get the CRF250 ready to send out I'll let everyone know!

Best Regards, Mike

Mike,

We know it takes a *huge* effort to redesign equal or better parts than the factories. Then it takes even more time to test and make sure they will perform to spec. and last.

Most of us realize what a big undertaking this is.

Personally, I want to thank you for the updates and your frank and open communication. It is very much appreciated and a real breath of fresh air these days.

Best of luck on your continued and successful testing. :cry:

-- RandyB

its not the companys putting the kit combinations together its the spring manufactures i was suposed to have my springs the middle of august .the 2 best spring manufactures are here in michigan peterson and PSI and there both busy with automotive contracts so the motor cycle gets put on the back burner.Ron

i hope one of these 2 best arent the ones who made the springs in raptures 450! two failures in maybe 40hrs ride time. :cry: hope we can get this crap figured out. i have had no issues with my stg II hotcam/KW valve/eric gorr motor yet! :cry: but it isnt quite as quick as raps bike!

It is no small matter to design, model, and test valve train components for what is basically a single cylinder Formula 0ne engine.

I believe F1 engines no longer use springs on the valves, they use a cam to lift, and extreemly high air presure to close the valves, not springs