Sign in to follow this  

'05 CRF250X - 250 lbs????

According to the specifications tab on the honda web site the '05 X is increasing from 228lbs to 250lbs. The '05 R is lower by 2 lbs (204 vs 206)..... Anyone know if this is real????? I ride a '03 WR250F right now, but am thinking of passing this down to my oldest son.... has quickly outgrown his CRF150F (bottoms out the suspension). Seriously considering a 250X, but thought the weight looked unusually high :cry:

Wow, those new stickers must be heavy! :cry:

Seriously though. They changed almost nothing so the '05 and '04 weight will be the same.

Dave

Hey Doug, I have basically the same scales as you and they are dead on w/the post office and UPS scales. I just went out and swept the shop floor good and weighed my X 3 times. I got 127 on the front and 135 on the rear. I see from the pics that you don't have all the hardware on. I am sure that the difference in our weights is my rad guard and braces, Scotts damper, skidplate, barkbusters/handguards, and a hrdraulic clutch. I also just installed a new set of S-12s w/the extra thick, Moose tubes. That most likely explains the extra pound I have on the rear and most likely it added one to the front. All the above adds up to 9 pounds. Take off the nine pounds and subtract around 20 pounds for a full tank of fuel and you get 233 w/all oils. Add 20 pounds for fuel, and you get 253, exactly what your's weighs. Clint

You can get any number of weights depending on fluids, gas and accessories (dampers, hand guards, skid plates. rad guards, etc. etc.) Rick Ramsey's site says he weighed his at 241 with all fluids, no gas. I think the point here is that the 2004 and 2005 CRF250X's weigh the same. What that weight is, exactly, could be debated forever (as has been indicated in this thread).

FWIW my KX250 weighed far more than its advertised weight too after I put on HD tubes, hand guards, pipe guard, flywheel weight, rad guards, etc.

Dave