A good Aftermarket pipe for the CRF150?

When i get my CRF150. I would like to give it alittle more power with an aftermarket exhaust. Does anyone know of a good exhaust for that bike that isnt TOOO to loud. I will be doing alot of trail riding so i will need alittle more low end torque for the hills. Letmme know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

my brother put the FMF "Q" muffler on his. its quiet when off the throttle and made a big difference in his low end power. before he put it on he couldn't do wheelies for anything and now it just pops right on up. only thing about the "Q" is that compared to the other fmf pipe, the powercore 4, is pretty costly, i think his was about $260. he had to get that one though b/c we ride alot at our house and our nieghbors dont like too much noise.

good luck

Hey Mike! Is there any chance that you will be designing an exhaust system for the CRF 150/230, (stock or big bore) anytime in the near future? With all of your experience, I would most likely try one of your pipes before wasting my $$$ on one of the mass produced units available at this time.....Karl

Thanks for the vote of confidence!! We have the knowledge and expertise(brother and I)and have fabricated many excellent low volume exhausts in the past, but will not be expanding into this arena as there are many manufacturer's already making these systems. My brother recently closed the doors of his business after many years. It is very difficult to get this kind of stuff out of your blood, and since we have both a 230 and now a 150, we are focusing on big bores and strokers, and will have a 150cc to 250cc conversion here in a short time with other engine performance enhancing modifications. We will definitly be testing some exhausts to see just how much if any gains will be found by adding an after-market system. I am decidedly against LOUD exhaust, so if we find that there is an incremental increase in power, but with a huge increase in sound, we will not explore that combination !! Our first pipe test will be with a White Brother's system. Will keep you posted as to the results. Plans are to test(dyno) the stock 150 this Saturday. Then install the big bore 187cc, and then a cam, a 230 carb, then other stuff and go from there until we end up at 251cc. Emphasis on true bolt on stuff, not cobbled together things that have to be completely redone by the end user, know what I mean ?? I saw a picture of a 150/230 with an old style Mikuni VM28 flat slide carb. This is a two stroke carb, and will never carburate properly on a four stroke. The end user will probably end up getting the WO throttle jetting close, but the rest of the range will probably have less than desireable characteristics and performance. Thats my$.02

The powroll exhuast is nice. Havnt rode on it yet to tell but its alot lighter and its bigger. The stock pipe is 1" and the powroll pipe is 1 1/4". My bike sounds exactly like a crf450r. At ideal and the the rev it sounds just like on. Its a little pricy though. $320. But i like the look of it best. And its also a complete exhuast unlike the FMF.

Thanks for all the info Mike!

We are definatly on the same page.

I want an exhaust that adds to the performance, is lighter than stock, but don't really care how shiny it is as long as it is still quiet.

Big Bore without Big Compression. Nuff said.

Performance gains without having to wind the engine off the end of the tach to keep it on the cam.

And most of all Reliability!

Woe, ? is too much to ask for ?.....Karl

Thanks for all the info Mike!

We are definatly on the same page.

I want an exhaust that adds to the performance, is lighter than stock, but don't really care how shiny it is as long as it is still quiet.

Big Bore without Big Compression. Nuff said.

Performance gains without having to wind the engine off the end of the tach to keep it on the cam.

And most of all Reliability!

Woe, ? is too much to ask for ?.....Karl

Same here. Yeah thanks for the info Mike. ?