Sign in to follow this  

Why is my brake line routed like this?

I noticed that everyone else's brake line goes in an upsidedown 'u' and mine was set up like this. Is there a good reason for keeping it like this?

PICT0003.JPG

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol::cry:

beer just came out my nose! :lol:

That's a party foul. Don't waste beer!

What is that little loop part for? I guess it was a case of the ol' 'one piece left over and I gotta stick it somewhere' syndrome.

its just bolted on the wrong side.

its a hose guide,but the set up guy didnt have a clue when he put your bike together.

That plastic loop goes on the left side.. It contains/guides the brake line down to the caliper. It is not an extra part.. just installed in the wrong place.. Shop guy needs to be whacked up side the head.... :cry: :cry: :cry: On second thought... maybe that shop tech is one of those guys cutting helmet straps, rigging up some kite string and bubble gum for a new strap.. And the helmet fell off.. Causing the brain damage that must have been present to install that brake line in such a fashion. :cry::lol::cry:

Thats why if you've noticed most of us work on our own bikes ir take them to Burneds shop. :cry:

On second thought... maybe that shop tech is one of those guys cutting helmet straps, rigging up some kite string and bubble gum for a new strap.. And the helmet fell off.. Causing the brain damage that must have been present to install that brake line in such a fashion.

I can appreciate that. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah I usally work on mine but If I lived in Colorado I would be taking it to Burneds shop. Hey Burned do you sell bikes also or just fix them?