Sign in to follow this  

First Real ride 04 450SX

So I havent installed the 6 speed yet (have all the parts) am geard to low (13/50 will be 13/52) and havent installed the 12oz crank weight. Basiclly a stock 450SX with power now and Jd kit.

HOLY COW! Im much more impressed than I ever thought. This bike is fun to ride. Did 25 miles of fast not too tight woods with mondo jumps. Rock sections were a breeze. Jumps were incredible. Fast stuff was sketchy but the damper mount comes in tomorrow and that will fix things.

All in all...I CANT WAIT to get the thing dialed in.

It is slower than the 300EXC by far. Sorry it is. The 300 flat out out pulls it by a good measure. But its fast enuff fer me and the torque,.....the torque is not comparable. Im a happy 4 stroker :cry:

Good to hear ya like the new steed. :cry:

Can't wait to take her for a ride some day!!

I'm getting my old girl ready to ride.

dp

when did you get the 450? I can't belive anything is more fun than a 300. :cry:

ehhhh....Im a 4 stroke dude. The 300 is awesome. The 450 kinda suits me a little better.

About the fast stuff being sketchy, try playing with the sag a little, dont just set it like the book or whoever says, mine wound up a little different but it works for me. the ktms are very sensitive to sag and fork position in the clamps. :cry:

Cisco -

How do you like the power now & JD kit? I am new to thumpers....6 speed? You west coast guys must need them. :cry:

QueTex

I am in the process of creating my trail eating rocket. Have you had to do anything to your jetting? Does adding the additional 2 gears help with the first 4? :cry:

The JD kit and Power now smooth out the bottom REALLY nice. I just jumped on a stock 450SX last week and it was really rough down low compared to mine.

The 5th and 6th are mainly for desert. I decided to stick with 13/50 and top speed in 4th is about 55MPH. TOO SLOW.

5th/6th from MXC and 30OZ crankweight are magic so its said, I drive to LA Monday with motor in the back to have Travis D install the goods.

Then I race the 24hr GP in Washington that next weekend. I have day shift. Supposed to be a mid to high speed course. The ultimate test. I will take pics and give a full ride report upon returning. Too bad I cant line up a decent size fuel tank prior to then. Shucks....

This bike ROCKS!