Sign in to follow this  

stator output needed for DS kits?

So the stck stator can be swapped for a 45Watt model for like 200 bucks..or an E line kit which requires a new shifter to make room is like 439, will 45 watts be sufficient to run a DS kit or am I likely going to have to bite the bullet and get the Eline kit for this motorcycle?

Wicked, it might be better to post this in the Dual Sport column. A lot of Dual sports are running 100 watts of power, double that for HID lighting needed for night endurance racing. Good Luck

why are shaking your E-finger at me..dork..I'll repost this in the dualsport forum..I think since my state doesn't require signals I'll just get an enduro kit and just have headlight tailight..etc..I know a KDX 200 and 220 get by with 45 watts stock.

How the hell can we help you if you don't tell us what the bike is? If you want to piss and moan, do it somewhere else, I'm just trying to help....Dork :cry:

calm down hoss..I figured you were harassing me for asking a question about a two stroke since I posted the bike in anotehr thread..I thought it was this one..my bust...bike is a yz250 with no stator as of yet..only options seem to be eline 200 watts for 440 bucks..ouch or an electrux for 222 bucks for only 45 watts..I assumed all the dualsport kits were standardized between the bikes as well...maybe I'm wrong.

Okay....eline and electrex are both good companies, I'd go with the higher wattage stator, you can never have too much juice. But if you don't plan any racing activities 45 watts would get you legal. I wouldn't want to night-ride with only 45 watts, though.

And if you look at my sig, you'll see that I approve of 2-strokes....esp. Yamahas! :cry: The WR came with a 35 watt lighting coil, and it is marginal....

I think you are right about the Eline kit..they make a sub 600 dollar kit that includes an acerbis headlight...tailight..with brakeswitch and a 200 watt eline standalone stator with external cover setup..it adds 11 ozs to the flywheel..which might soften the powerband a bit for woods..I think this will be my best bet..until I move to a state which requires turn signals..lol