Sign in to follow this  

Any place to rent trail bikes?

I have some buddies that want to try out trail riding. Does anyone know of any place in Michigan that rents MX bikes? They don't have to be race bikes. The tamer the better.

Chris

Chris-

Not aware of any rental places for you. However, I live near Port Sheldon, about 5-10 miles south of you. I have a Yamaha WR450f. My friends run Yamaha YZ426f, YZ250f, WR250f, and a Honda CRF450. We like to ride the ORV trails in the Baldwin area. I can help answer any questions you may have in regards to what bikes could suit your needs.

sure i can rent you one its a 1994 xr 200 it will cost you 1500.00 for the weekend, and ill let you keep it, ill throw in a set of boots and a helmet if you act now. yea im selling it not renting its pretty tame, but no i havent heard of anybody renting trail bikes, i know silver lake there used to be a place that rented quads out for the dunes, but i havent been there in awile.

All right. Since you brouhgt Rentals up I will tell me rental story.

2 of my friends were going to Silver Lake to ride the Dunes a few years back on there dirtbikes. They were at a gas station up there getting some supplies when some kid came in and asked were they had rented there bikes. They both looked at each other, kinda puzzled and answered "those are our bikes, no one rents dirtbikes around here" :cry:

The kid replied if they arn't rentals why does it say RENTAL on the bar pad?? :cry:

They both looked at each other and bursed out laughing :cry::lol:

Rental------Renthal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our fine educational system at work. :cry: :cry:

no bike for you, you go home now :cry: :cry:

soup.jpg

:cry::lol: :lol: :cry::lol::cry::lol:

On a more serious note though, I have never seen bikes being rented. I have seen quads (ATV's) for rent, but never bikes. I'm asuming the liability insurance is WAY to high to make it profitable. You are better off finding another friend that is willing to loan their bike to your other friend.

A few years ago I checked into this before buying my bike hoping to rent first. Nope, nada, no way. NO ONE rents dirtbikes in Michigan. Seems strange that you can rent quads, snomobiles, jetskis, dunebuggys, Harleys and everything but not dirt bikes. I agree the liability would be huge but arent quads and snowmobiles capable of crashing into trees as well? Although it does take way more skill to ride a bike without crashing than the others.

My advice, find a friend to borrow a bike from or buy one real cheap.

Seems strange that you can rent quads, snomobiles, jetskis, dunebuggys, Harleys and everything but not dirt bikes. I agree the liability would be huge but arent quads and snowmobiles capable of crashing into trees as well?

It is alot easier to fall over and pin (break?) your leg on a dirt bike than it is on a quad. you can fall over in the parking lot and do damage to a bike but unless you are a complete idiot you usually need to be riding an ATV/quad to crash it. :cry: :cry: