Sign in to follow this  

Anyone else having problems selling bikes in omaha or near it.

It seems like nothing is selling even in the paper. Is it just the time of year. I tried ebay but the guy that was interested found one locally, tried the paper but that didnt work I was thinking of trying cylce trader but it seems like there are not a lot of bikes on cylce trader from our area?????If anyone has any suggestions on where I should try to sell it please let me know.

well we had an 80 thats been for sale for a lil bit and then as soon as someone wanted it we decided to rebuild it :cry: but other then that we had a few offers on it. what kind of bike are you trying to sell??? nvm if i was you i think i would just see how much you can get from a dealer or something like that sense it is a 03' yz250. :cry:

Will a dealer just buy one from someone?? I only want $3000 for it which is about $200 below trade in. Who do you think i should try?? Paul's, and powersports pro are really the only 2 yamaha dealers around right??

I've had trouble selling a 2003 KTM 125sx in excellant condition in the KC area.

Go to www.mostatemx.com and sign up (its free) and they have a classified for sale forum.

If I was in the the market for a YZ250, I would take you up on your offer.

Unfortunately, I don't think its the area, its the bike. 2-strokes are getting really hard to sell. You'll have a little more luck being it a 250 and not a 125, but it will be tough either way.

When I was working at Tuf Racing, we couldn't sell a 250 but as soon as we had a 4-stroke on the floor it sold in a few days. Just my $0.02 :cry:

Unfortunately, I don't think its the area, its the bike. 2-strokes are getting really hard to sell. You'll have a little more luck being it a 250 and not a 125, but it will be tough either way.

When I was working at Tuf Racing, we couldn't sell a 250 but as soon as we had a 4-stroke on the floor it sold in a few days. Just my $0.02 :cry:

Matt's right. I've been trying to sell my '98 YZ250 since I got my thumper in april, asking $1800-2000 for the 2-smoke. It's been in and out of cycle trader for 3-4 months and in various classified listings. We've gotten 1 real call on it, and about 5 emails from wierdos from the UK, asking us to ship the bike to them. (no offense to UK peeps, these guys really were wierd) don't they sell dirtbikes over there?

We were gonna trade it in for a tt-r125 for my sister and the dealer's offer was $1100 for the 250. :cry::cry:

yeah you could try pauls or power sports pro. and see what they will give you for the bike. :cry: personally i wont deal with pauls yamaha anymore the big fat guy in the front called bones is a real dick. my .02 cents :cry:

Bones hehehhe he just doesnt like to get up of his chair thats all. At least at pauls they arent A**holes like at Power Sports Pro. I went up to buy my 450 and like 5 days ago they had it priced at like 5300/5400 for some sale. But that ended so the price was now 5900+tax+fees thats bull. So i called up GP motorsports in indianola and i got one for 5400 no other fees. :cry:

i have never had a problem with power sports pro and they all know me by name :cry: sense i order so much from them. oh and did you see windy the cashier?? she is so hott :cry: :cry:

Selling bikes in and around omaha suckz... everybody wants to give the stealers all of their hard earned money... best to trade in old when getting the new :cry: