Sign in to follow this  

Jackhammer Enduro Stoneyford

Senior class C, probally could ride B class-been riding since teenage, but only my 2nd enduro. Got a 99 wr400. not serious, just for fun. Paul

I have never ridden an enduro and in the hare scrambles series I have been riding C 4-stroke.

I got my pre-entry back a few days ago and noticed they are having an E Class at this event. This would probably be a really fun ride for those of you looking for a good organized trail ride.

This is a great opportunity to ride a portion of an enduro course and to possibly see how enduros work. ...and you're not required to race, for typically the "E" class is not scored.

From the description of what the "E"s will do it sounds like it would be a great ride. The club putting on the Jackhammer has always layed out a good course, so I'd bet the first loop would be a lot of fun for everyone.

If you've got concerns for entry fees and membership fees it might help to know that there are options in this area, and/or those memberships are good for other opportunities too. You can read more from the flyer. Here's a link: Jackhammer Enduro Flyer

I believe this is a rare opportunity within the District 36 Enduro Series, because I don't recall seeing "E" classes at any of the other series' events. Hey, Bigbob, maybe this is a good warm-up for that family enduro you're wanting to do? And if you all plan it right I'd bet you could get a group of TTers all within a group of minutes as so you all could ride together.

that's a good idea....I'm a little short on motivation right now... I'll think about it.

Well if you like to try. I'll be there. Let me know Thanks Paul

Senior class C, probally could ride B class-been riding since teenage, but only my 2nd enduro. Got a 99 wr400. not serious, just for fun. Paul

I have never ridden an enduro but always wanted to,sounds like fun.In your post you are riding senior C.I take it thats a 100 mile loop+/-.Are there fuel stops?Not sure my bike can go 100 miles on one tank.Is senior class C 40+ or 50+?Do you know what the course will be,which loops/trails?I'm thinking about going,how late is to late to sign up? :cry:

yes there is a gas stop, between the two laps, i have done it the past two years, and trophied it last year, but this year i will be with some friends and family just riding there that weekend, in honor of my best friedn that i rode/raced with, who has been murdered in the past two weeks :cry:. we are going up to the top of his favorite trail and leaving his boots up there and a plaque with his pic and info about him

yes there is a gas stop, between the two laps, i have done it the past two years, and trophied it last year, but this year i will be with some friends and family just riding there that weekend, in honor of my best friedn that i rode/raced with, who has been murdered in the past two weeks :cry:. we are going up to the top of his favorite trail and leaving his boots up there and a plaque with his pic and info about him

Sorry to hear of your loss ktmscrambler. I ride Stony a lot, if you don't mind me asking, which trail will the plaque be at?

Fryboy

I have never ridden an enduro but always wanted to,sounds like fun.In your post you are riding senior C.I take it thats a 100 mile loop+/-.Are there fuel stops?Not sure my bike can go 100 miles on one tank.Is senior class C 40+ or 50+?Do you know what the course will be,which loops/trails?I'm thinking about going,how late is to late to sign up? :cry:

Your bike should have the ability to do 50 miles on a tank of fuel. The route sheet for the event is posted on the D36 site and it looks like the first loop is about 46 ground miles and the second is about 40 miles. There is a fuel stop between the two loops where if you're on time you can get 30 minutes to re-fuel your bike and your body.

The senior class is 40 to 49 year-olds, the super-senior class is 50 to 59 year-olds, and the vet class is 30 to 39 year-olds. BTW, the senior class is usually the biggest and now appears to be the most competitive.

With enduros the competitors never know where the course is. In fact, if a competitor rides any part of the course 24hrs prior to the start of the event that competitor can be disqualified from the event. The course is supposed to be a secret.

I believe sign-ups are open on Saturday and on Sunday morning until about 9:30am. You can sign up for the event when you get there.

If the distance is a concern you might want to consider riding the "E" class, for that class only does the first 45 mile loop.

John, I'm very sorry to read about what happend to your friend. That's very tragic. What you're doing in his memory is incredible. I could only dream of the same being done for me when I'm gone.

Theres a gas stop, must bring own gas container. you can register when you get there. I'm still planning on going. Paul