Sign in to follow this  

Chain Lube

What chain lube do you all use? I have been using the Silkolene but my local shop is out has been out and appears that they are going to stay out of stock of it for a while. They recommended Motul Offroad (funky green color! at least it matches the bike). Anyone used this? Does it work as smooth as the Silk?

This post could lead to as much discussion as an oil post. :cry: I tried several different ones until I settled on Bel-Ray SuperClean also. Buy the smaller cans and try several different ones until you find one that works for you. :cry: :cry:

My last couple of cans have been the motul clear stuff. It seems to work fine most everywhere. I've used it in Arizona in the desert and here in the northwest in the mud.

Thanks 10Guy :cry: good to see at least one other person has/is using it and seems to like it. I will have to look for the clear next time if I decide I like it.

Here's what I use.

chainlube.gif

I have tried them all...and i have settled on the one above.Clean...no fling off, and is similar to the OEM stuff on the chains when you buy em new. :cry:

Here's what I use.

chainlube.gif

I have tried them all...and i have settled on the one above.Clean...no fling off, and is similar to the OEM stuff on the chains when you buy em new. :cry:

I use the bell Ray as well! It covers and penetrates the links plus it seems to dry quickly to a white haze! it don't fling all over the place and it's not a total mess to clean up! Works for me! :cry:

I like break free clp. it works well and doesn't collect dust too bad. it cleans the chain really well too.

clp.jpg

White Lithium grease....works great...and cheap.

I'll have to try it. We have a mechanic at work that swears by the stuff but I've never thought about using it on my chain. Up till now I've used WD40 to clean the chain and then I've lubed it with Belray or CRC. A few months ago I was in a quad race shop and they just got in some Sidewinder P-51. The salesmen / quad racer and his buddy said they just used some for the first time. He said he had never used a lube the made the rear tire spin as free as the Sidwinder. I think he also told me the military uses the Sidewinder P-51. However as good as the sales pitch was I'm too cheap to shell out $15 for can of lube that's half the size as my Belray.

New chains come with lithium, but I don't like all the stuff that sticks to that grease, so can't wait till it wears off.

I have my own preference , and just ordered a case from out of state cause its hard to find lately. So I've spent the last month using Maxima chain wax. It's not bad, but after about three apps my chain rollers wouldn't turn from wax build up, so I ended up with a combo of wd40 and wax, seems to work pretty good. So in the moto selection here, I d go with the wax over belray, cause the belray is a pain to get off if you got poor aim>G<

Pro-Gold MFR, IMO the best lube I've ever used. Keeps chain clean and doesnt attract dirt or fling off.

chainlube.jpg