Sign in to follow this  

Stock Chain - DRZs

Is the stock chain on the drz s an o-ring type?

Will any o ring style master link be compatable with the chain?

its an 03.

THanks!!!

Nope, as the man says, you need RK, the whole RK and nothing but the RK! Don't EVER use another manufacturers link to join a chain or even a link from a different sized chain.

I was talking with a mate at the weekend about a guy whose CBR900R was fitted with a chain by the dealer and he used a link from a lower strength chain from a different manufacturer. The dealer was eventually forced to pay for the crankcases, swingarm and other bits that got mashed by the breaking chain.

Ian

Nope, as the man says, you need RK, the whole RK and nothing but the RK! Don't EVER use another manufacturers link to join a chain or even a link from a different sized chain.

I was talking with a mate at the weekend about a guy whose CBR900R was fitted with a chain by the dealer and he used a link from a lower strength chain from a different manufacturer. The dealer was eventually forced to pay for the crankcases, swingarm and other bits that got mashed by the breaking chain.

Ian

I learned that lesson the hard way, years ago the dealer put a master-link on my new chain on a CBX1000-6 it broke at about 80mph and railroaded into the gearbox :cry:

Rivetted chains on any bike over 250cc after that, the Drz being the one exception, although i would be happier with it being rivetted too.

OK, thanks a lot for the info guys. My bro will be putting on a 40 tooth rear and we will be doing a 10 hour road ride to tail of the dragon in TN. These answers are definitly making for a more enjoyable trip. :cry:

No, you need an RK 520 o-ring master.

Mike -

I was wrong about this. I finally got hold of the correct master link for my stock RK chain. It is an RK520XSO1, that is X ring not O ring. It's available at TTshop for $4.13 Master Link Linky My bad.

Mike -