Sign in to follow this  

Showa Seals

My RM125 has Showa suspension components and I know the CRF250 uses showas, are the forks identical? The reason im asking is that I hear the twin chamber design, which I believe my RM has, are of difficult to perform seal changes on. Is this true? What type of oil should I use? I have some Showa SS8 stuff at home I got from the Honda shop that's been sittin around for a few months. thanks for the help.. :cry:

Yes they are the Twin Chamber Showa's. Same seals would fit both. You can just take the inner chamber out and replace seals without disturbing the inner oil. The SS8 would probably work ok since its not going into the valving. Check your bushings too and replace if they are worn at all.

doc

thank u :cry: I can change the seal without disturbing the oil? :cry: are u sure the crf250's fork diameter is identical to the rm ?

I put the SS8 (10Wt) oil in last night but I probably wont get to ride it for a few days, I put 10 MM less then the stock reccomendation, but I'm not sure what the stock oil is. My dad said it looked thinner then the SS8, was it thinner all along or is it just worn? I don't want the forks to be too harsh (for mx) am I okay?