Sign in to follow this  

Charlottesville Area/North Central Virginia?

Hello I'm looking for some trails in the Charlottesville area.

Last week I finally bought a dual sport, and I'm looking to get back into the scene.

I grew up riding trails, but I've been off the scene for several years. I've been riding street since.

A few weeks ago I saw post with pics where some people had ridden what looked like Montebello (56) to Buena Visa (60) on trails.

I've heard of a trail called Big Levels?

It sucks being a beginner all over again, but I look forward to the challenge.

Let me know if your in the area, and don't mind a slow newbie tagging along.

Any advice would be welcome. I want to learn. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks...

if you want to find some decent riding it that area go out to like standserdville area and just go ripping through the mtn. it's not all that legal, but out there the cops will never get you. :cry:

I have been up the Charlottesville before and there is a track called Bacon Hollow MX in Dyke I went to when

I was up there it also had some trails. Just a warning if you go ripping through the mountains during hunting season you are likely to get shot up there. There are several people I know that go somewhere in the mountains up there to go hunting so I wouldn't ride up there especially during hunting season.

There is some nice riding in the George Washington Nat Forest. The Big Levels trail is actually called the Stony Run Jeep Trail, at least on the map. Its located near Sherando lake, off coal road #42. The general area is called big levels

Hope this helps. Get a Pedlar District map from the forest service

There is some nice riding in the George Washington Nat Forest. The Big Levels trail is actually called the Stony Run Jeep Trail, at least on the map. Its located near Sherando lake, off coal road #42. The general area is called big levels

Hope this helps. Get a Pedlar District map from the forest service

Wow thanks a ton. I'm heading up there weekend to check it out.