Sign in to follow this  

320mm brake rotor....need new caliper?

this is probably a stupid question but do i need to purchase a caliper to accomodate a 320mm front brake rotor or will my stock yz426f caliper be ok? i was about to buy one online but i'm not about to spend $300 plus on a decent caliper. thanks

It is much better to use different caliper, however you will need relocating bracket and different master cylinder and brake line to make it work right. Or you can just keep your stock :cheers:caliper, just get relocating bracket. It won't be as effective, but it will work better than tiny 250mm disc.

It is much better to use different caliper, however you will need relocating bracket and different master cylinder and brake line to make it work right. Or you can just keep your stock :cheers:caliper, just get relocating bracket. It won't be as effective, but it will work better than tiny 250mm disc.

good deal. thanks

Will the stock master cylinder be good enough for the 320mm + new caliper or should a 16mm master cylinder be in order?

You don't always need a 16mm.My Beringer caliper(4 piston) with a 16 mm was no good: no "feeling" anymore when braking the front-end.Much better with OEM Honda XR master cylinder (12.5mm) ,a 14mm would be perfect :cry:.

Other brands/systems could benefit from a 16mm.