Sign in to follow this  

jetting with a chm pipe

has anyone gotten a chm pipe for an 05 yet? if so did you re jet? seems to run sweet so far. a lot more top end which is where i ride it.

I have one for my 04 and the jetting is still stock. I dont think they changed the chm pipes for 05, did they? It runs fine and has a lot more top like you said.

it cost me 425. this system gives you 2 horse throughout. this is the wrong bike to look for bottom end.

ther are 2 diferent CHM pipes the ovate requires going from a 160 to a 162 jet and picks up power this pipe adds more midrange and as much top end as any other aftermarket pipe .the SM1 pipe from CHM is the pipe to use if your looking for top end this pipe does not give up any thing in the middle and with a 155 main jet picked up a full 4 hp thruogh the peak it is also the pipe that i used on the bike that won the modifeyed ama amatuer dirt track nationals .i have sold quit a few of these pipes and every one has been happy with them .Ron

every crf250 that i have seen comes with a 160 main stock .i used a dyno to come up with the jet specs

04 crf250 manual page 69 stock jets slow jet #40 jet needle ncyr 4th groove main jet #160 carb idetification #fcro1a may be yours is a Ca model with a diferent emulsion tube :cry: havent seen any 05s yet they must have changed the jetting

i just checked my manual again because everyone is talking about how lean they're jetted, my 05 manual states main jet is 172. is there that much of a change from 04 to 05?

I'm running a 158 main(w/ a pmb end cap sparky) and 42 pilot,clip in 4th position. I'm at about 3500 feet.(So.Cal) The bike runs strong, but I always wonder if could be better :cry: