Sign in to follow this  

dealer on credit hold at warehouse, no 450 for me until resolution

for all of you in the know, does this sound right?

i called my salesman today looking for my bike and he told my bike is on the dock but the dealership is on credit hold with the warehouse in virginia and it won't ship until that is resolved.

i am thinking this means the dealership can't get any bikes and there is no way he could only have found out about it today.

can any of the members with relevant experience some insight?

i am a bit miffed and my gut feel is that he has sold mine to a higher bidder.

i was quite surprised at the fact the salesman would share the fact the dealership is on credit hold with me.

:cry:

tell the salesman you want your $500 back and to call you when the bike is in. Also find out who the dealer and salesman are licensed by. If you ask the salesman for this information directly things go alot smoother.

Licensing doesn't have anything to do with it. Poor cash-flow management is the reason for the credit hold. If you don't pay the OEM for sold bikes in a specific time period, red flags go up and they turn off the bike faucet. Not shady, just poor management.

Has nothing to do with the licensing board. Its more common in the business world then you would think....All industries

A long time ago I worked for a Window company. I sold to contractors in new construction. When I started with the company everything seemed cool, they had three offices and staff, installers and everything. Well I sold a few jobs. A week goes by and I can't get a hold of the owener so I call our manf. rep. Credit Hold, none of my windows were being produced. Man that sucked because I had no idea and had to go back to a couple contractors and apolgize over it.

That sucks man. There is a chance the sales guy didn't know.

business'...

I appreciate your thoughtful and correct use of the apostrophe. While often used in modern english sentence structure, it is most often used incorrectly, thus propagating continued misuse of the device.

Edit: And with this post, I just went addict! :cry: