Sign in to follow this  

Spark Plug for TE510

What are folks using for a replacement or spare spark plug? I'm having trouble finding the NGK CR8EB that is referenced in the owner's manual. Does anyone know if the CR8EK is a compatible replacement? Any other suggestions?

ktl...

Just buy a CR8E plug and you are set. The B signifies that the plug has the cap welded on. If you buy a non "B" plug you'll have to add that cap back yourself. If you don't know what cap I am referring to, look at a few different plugs. Some will have a narrow threaded tip and others will have a cap screwed onto it. Normally you can screw and unscrew the cap and move it from plug to plug.

Buy the CR8E and take the plug off of your stock "B" plug. Funny thing is all my two stroke Husky's needed the tip removed and they came installed and the four strokes are the opposite.

Greg

Also, if you can wait, order them from an Auto Parts Store. They don't stock them but you will get them much cheaper than from a motorcycle dealership.

I use the NGK CR8EIX (iridium plug). I've never had a problem with it. Like the CR8E, you have to put a cap on the plug. I've had it in for about 8 months.

brown

NGK told me that the reason for the welded on cap is that if there is ever a break in continuity from the cap loosening up the ignition could fry. I found the stock plug through Dennis Kirk.

NGK told me that the reason for the welded on cap is that if there is ever a break in continuity from the cap loosening up the ignition could fry. I found the stock plug through Dennis Kirk.

That sounds like a pretty good reason to stay with the stock plug. It might cost a little bit more but is cheap insurance and plugs don't get replaced that often so cost is less of a factor.

ktl...

Bought the correct plug with HUGE variances in prices from dealer to dealer.

Ranged from 7.50 to 12.50 for the identical item. The 12.50 one was wrapped in a "Cagiva" box though.

Could not get them anywhere except at the Husky dealers.

No Cycle Gear, Hondashop, etc... had them or keeps them in stock.

I use a NGK spark plug cap/terminal (KTM 4 stroke, at least that was what my dealer said) that uses the "treads" on the plug for the electrical connection - the stock plug with the integrated cap will not work with the NGK cap. I think the NGK plug cap is far more durable and seals better to the head than stocker and has the typical "tread-in" to the cable design unlike the stocker's crimp design which is less durable (mine broke)- can't remember what Ohm the cap is off hand, but I needed to change the stocker anyway for the iCAT.

MSTex

Bought the correct plug with HUGE variances in prices from dealer to dealer.

Ranged from 7.50 to 12.50 for the identical item. The 12.50 one was wrapped in a "Cagiva" box though.

Could not get them anywhere except at the Husky dealers.

No Cycle Gear, Hondashop, etc... had them or keeps them in stock.

I called 4 local autoparts stores and none of them stocked the plug and could not order it. I followed Flame's tip and Dennis Kirk has the plug for $4.90. It is not listed on their web site but if you call them, they say they have it. The plug number is the part number in their system. NGK CR8EB.

ktl...

I called the auto parts store that I normally get my CR8EIX plugs from and they also told me they could not get the CR8EB......that's odd.