Sign in to follow this  

05 owners how about a ride report !!!!

I hear the 05 is much better than the 04 in the handling/turning dept. I was told today it carves almost as good as a 250 Susucki. How about power and suspension......ergos....come on don't be bashful...like anyone ever is on this side :cry:

Well, I only rode mine in the cul-de-sac for about 3 seconds but I think they put CR85 bars on the thing! Damn they seem narrow. I run the CR Hi Pro Tapers on my '03 and on my DRZ 125. It felt really tall in the front for some reason. I race supermoto and this might be because I haven't had a 21" front tire on in ages.

First impression....feels like a CRF. Love that new bike smell too.

I'm in the Seattle area. I picked mine up this morning about two hours before posting here.

The dealer is I-90 Motorsports. They only got the one for now. They're supposed to get more in October.

Riden mine now twice on a mx track. Excellent! It just feels a little more willing to turn compared to my '02 with offset triple clamps. It feels a little lighter/slimmer with a very willing engine; snappy yet revs. I put taller bars/clamps on and set the sag and rode it. Very nice! I think all I'm going to do is get a slightly stiffer rear spring and add 15mm of oil in the fork to stiffen things up just a bit. It is a better bike than I am a rider!!!!!! :cry:

Oh, I forgot. Last night there were two other guys riding their '05's and they were both very very happy. One was a vetpro who is getting off his CR250 (of whom I had beat in the past several times) and he was very impressed and fast! He said to me, "your in trouble!" He was right because we diced and he's going faster than me = sh#$%&T

The other is a novice but now he was doing all the obstacles with no problem and having a blast blipping around the track because he is getting off a YZF250 so he has to get used to so much power.

I've had my bike for a week now and raced it in two classes last weekend and my overall opinion of the bike is that it is lighter, slightly faster (with no bog off the bottom) version of the 04 model. The cornering is a little better, but it won't carve like the CRF250 does. The suspension is very similar to last year, with the exception of a stiffer back spring. I have the sag set at 100 (per the manual), but Factory Connection recommends 105-108. I'm going to try that this weekend at Millville and I'll let you all know how that works. With the bike being so new, a lot of the hop-up shops don't have any time on this bike. Once they do, I think a flood of good info. regarding set-up will come out.