Sign in to follow this  

fast blinking signal lights

i got a ufo back fender with built in brake and signal lights installed. it looks great but now my signal lights blink too fast which i hate. can anyone tell me whats wrong with it or how to fix it? did the wiring get installed incorrectly or something? please help me because the shop who installed it does not seem to know.

The bulbs are of different wattage. You can go to an autoparts store and get some GE921 bulbs. You will need to hone out the socket. The 921s work great. :cry:

The stock flasher is load sensitive. That is why you need to change the bulbs to the correct wattage as suggested. The other option is to change the flasher to a heavy duty 2 terminal automotive flasher. ( X is power. L is to the load if you go that way). Any installer should know about the flasher. I do not know why the signal lights don't come with the right bulbs. Seems odd. Everybody has the same problem.

yo man thanks for the tip. after reading your reply and seeing that web sight you suggested. after work i immediately went to radioshack, got those light bulbs, installed them when i got home. they work great! thanks a bunch man! you are a life saver, literally on the free-way! thanks thumper.com for a awesome website!

thanks man i really appreciate your info. thumper.com rocks boy!

thanks for your reply man. i really appreciate the info. thumper.com rocks man!