Newbie conquors Miller peak trail# 1379

Man those switchbacks sucked. Especially the quick double near the top. Also the ones that had roots or small cliffs to hit just as you make the turn. To make it worse, I dumped it at the begining and rode the rest of the day with a 1" stub for a front brake lever. Talk about cramped hand coming down!!!

Do you guys really enjoy the "difficult" or "Extreme difficult" trails. They seem to be more work than fun.

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

Where is this trail at?

Guess?

?

(I still got tricks up my sleeves for you guys! Mitch rides up there every now and again, but I have yet to go. That is one place we gotta go, and Liberty is another, both are off the Bluett Pass Highway, 20 or so miles from where I internet.)

?

Do you guys really enjoy the "difficult" or "Extreme difficult" trails. They seem to be more work than fun.

I'll take switchback stepups and awsome views over endless miles of East Fort Rock Whoops anyday. ? Nice pics, looks sunny and warm up there.

Fall is a really nice time of year huh.

Thanks for sharing

- Ryan

I still got tricks up my sleeves

I don't know brandon. It was bad enough you scared poor little lornie last time by running us up and down hwy 2, now supposively there is some video footage with your name on it that is going to have the greenies knocking at our doors.

?

round 2 in canada is going to be fun, nobody can get us there ?

Busted!!

I was solo. The ironic thing was I listend to the interview of the guy in Utah that cut off his hand to save his life. I justified going alone because my wife knew exacly where I was going, when I would be home, I carried food/first aid stuff and have a GPS, Cell Phone and FRS radio.

You won;t catch me going alone in the winter, but I went out to scout the area for hunting.

Next time I will carry a spare brake/clutch lever. I am glad no one was there to see me bite it.

My KTM buddys and I rode sweep for the Dual Star dual sport ride in "98" We rode from the campground in Liberty to Miller peak, Awsome ride. Back down to Hywy 97 up to Lion Rock? and into Wennatchee and back to Liberty. My KTMs ignition puked at about half way mark ?

But the miller peak part was so cool, I have a picture of all three of our bikes about 25 yards from the top.

The trail goes all the way up just like Klone peak.

Later

Eric

That view of Rainier is sweeeeet. Ive been up there several times. That is a bitchin' ride. Just Bitchin. Too bad we dont have that view of St. Helens. Would be a nice place to sit and watch Rainier blow it stuff eh? Whats this video footage Brandon, I want to seeeeee. ?

I am headed up Miller Peak tomorrow. Will be starting out at Liberty campground ( the site of DualStars Tarmac to Timberline 200) about 9:30am. My riding partner and I are reriding a Dualstar run from a few years ago. We kept the route chart and will use it again. Sounds like the same run someone else here rode. I think it was 98.

See ya on the trail on my KLX300

Tim

I love that first shot. What type of camera? Did you use a polarizer? It sure looks like it.

BTW, nice ride yesterday but that first hill was hell!

Greg

Man those switchbacks sucked. Especially the quick double near the top. Also the ones that had roots or small cliffs to hit just as you make the turn. To make it worse, I dumped it at the begining and rode the rest of the day with a 1" stub for a front brake lever. Talk about cramped hand coming down!!!

pic3.jpg

]

My camera is just a three year old Kodak. No polarizer or anything, just a 2.0 meg pic.

Thanks for your patience yesterday. That hill was tuff. Glad I can say i made it without killing myself or the bike.

Did you get your hauler figured out? I have thought of one of those, but am too cheap to do it. That is bad if you can not get it to work with your new bike!

My camera is just a three year old Kodak. No polarizer or anything, just a 2.0 meg pic.

Thanks for your patience yesterday. That hill was tuff. Glad I can say i made it without killing myself or the bike.

Did you get your hauler figured out? I have thought of one of those, but am too cheap to do it. That is bad if you can not get it to work with your new bike!

No need to thank me for my patience as you and I ride about the same speed. I won't tell you how many years experience I have as it does not translate into my trail speed.

Hope to see you at Wenatchee this next weekend.

Greg

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

Miller Peak is all in a days work. Coming up from the teanaway side gives you a good feeling of accomplishment.