Sign in to follow this  

OT 2005 yz250 cr250 or rm250?

I have a crf450, but have not lost my twitchy two stroke throttle hand. I need a new 250 two stroke, What is the best way to go in your opinions? The new yz250 aluminum frame looks awesome, and it is the lightest bike in it's class. I just love the way suzuki's turn and rail, and I love the looks of the honda. Any suggestions ?

If you want to jump on the Yamaha new aluminum frame band wagon, buy the Yamaha. The Honda has weak motor accoriding to everybody but it has "Honda" behind it. The Suzuki is just a Suzuki.

What's more important to you? Resale value? Looks? Handling? Peak power? Most useable power?

If you answer those questions, I'm sure you will come up with the best bike for yourself.

Thanks for the help dog, I was thinking of that this morning, If resale value is being considered, I might as well forget about a two stroke, bandwagon or not I think the new yammy kicks ass.... But then again I have heard the new rm is sweeet.... I have heard that the honda is down on low end power, (yeah I watched the x games too I heard the commentator say that... what's he know anyhow) Anyways, I guess it's down to the yammy and the susucki.... hmmm

If you are down to Yami or Suk, I'd say RM250. It has the better forks (Showa). My friend, who is a die-hard Yamaha guy, end up buying the 05 RM250. He loves it; he's selling his 04 YZ450F.

For 2005 Honda is doing some major work to their motor. I believe it will be the top 2-stoke when all the dust settles. Of course the CRF will be best in class... again. :cry:

I have the 05 Yami and it flat out rips. Very quick. I had to take the sproket down a couple to get use to the 2-stroke again. Now I am back to the stock 50. It's very light and doesnt vibrate hardly at all. The lower the RPMS are the more it vibes but the more you rev it, it goes away. The forks are a little funny but after a revalve they'll be awesome. They are just really stiff at the top of the stroke then soft in the middle and then hard on the bottom. Just sort of strange. The front likes to get high over jumps but thats just learnig to ride a 2-stroke. In the corners though you can lay it over like no other. Especially ones with nice big berms. :cry:

Nobody's mentioned it yet, but I've also heard great things about the KTM 250SX. Supposedly, the suspension and handling are finally up to par with the Japs and the motor is incredible. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

The 02 - 04 Honda engine sucks donkey balls. But they've apparently drop kicked it for an all new version for 05. If its good, the Honda would be the bike of choice.

I used to ride YZ250s, and I always figured the perfect bike would be a YZ engine in an RM chassis. That's what you get with the new RM, the engine is such a close copy of Yamaha that you can swap pistons. The new Kawi engine looks to be a Yamaha copy too. The saddest/funniest thing about all this is that the YZ motor everybody is copying is a copy of a 1996 HONDA engine.

YZ or RM, you can't go wrong.

what a great time to be riding 250's. So many excellent bikes to choose from, don't see how you can really go wrong with any of them.

That's funny about the 1996 cr comment. I still have my 1996 cr250, and have not ever found a faster motor yet, at least from mid to top. It just feeld like your sitting "in" the bike like a banana seat or something... I need something newer though, almost 10 years on that bike.. It has to go! BTW KTM is not an option. I hate ktms....

suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzukisuzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzukisuzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzukisuzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki suzuki