Sign in to follow this  

newbie questions yz250f

Ok i have decided to get a 250f thanx for u guys opinoin etc from the last post.I will be getting the bike in march after i sell my raptor. I still have a few more questions about the 250f's though.Are they easy to get more power out of if i need it like say's just bolt on mods liKE EXHAUST and a k&n filter how much extra hp would that give me . Because there was a pipe shoot out for the raptor in a issuse of dirt wheels and i think the top pipe gained u liek 13 peel hp could i expect that on a yz250f.

Iam wondering about there power/top speed. Say iam just driving down a flat road not vary fast say 30km could i get the front end up in liek 4-5 like on a raptor or do they not have much tork in the higher gears. iam aslo wondering what the top speed is on a complety stock one.I said befor that i would be gettign a biek around march, I'll be getting a used one from 2001-2003 is there anything i should wtch out for or know what to look for on and spacific yr. And how about matinace oil changes how othen... and has anyone ever had there just brake down and just leave them in the middle of no where becuase i go on some fairly extensive trail rides and fuel range and raliblity is very important to me.And what octan fuel do u run in them pump regualr or 92-93..Last ? are they easy to keep in wheeles or are they a bit harder then quads.

THNX

wow.. alot of questions

It depends on the bike you get. The stock (US edition wr) may need a few mods to get the bike to it's full potential. But with the grey wire unplugged/cut and the exaust baffle removes/replaced, the bike will run a lot better, almost as good as a yz, but will still be heavier. The 2003/2004 wrs have electric start, you might want that but it equals to more weight. The yz is great stock, but people also say that they love their modifications, and wouldn't ride without them. Is your heart set on a yz? or would you prefer the wr?

a pipe will not give you the power increase you are looking for pipes mainly move power around robbing from one area to benefit another, however motorwork will get close to your number but is a bit pricey i am a firm beleiver in if that is what you want than price doesnt matter some sug. are tom morgan racing baker bros. moto sports and pro circuit in that order

good luck

boy I cant agree with the pipes comment at all. Pipes can indeed increase power, they can also reduce power.

the t-4 makes a lot more than the stock pipe from mid to wot, and both feel the same below mid.

the fmf 4 comes in a better than the stocker but not as good as the t-4.

The gyt-r carbon fiber actually makes less power everywhere compared to the stocker.

Absolutely engine work will make more power, but you still need to complement it with a pipe.