Sign in to follow this  

need skid plate & engine guards for 05 crf 450

I have had my 05 450 for a week now, and I can't find a skidplate or engine guards for the 05 yet. Anybody carry them yet? Preferrably carbon fiber. It's mainly for mx. By the way, I just had my suspension done and I'm going out to Glen Helen for more testing tomorrow. I have ridden the bike at the track already, and it's awesome!!! I just like my suspension set up a little different than stock (which is already very good) I had a ti shock spring put in too(saves 2lbs over stock spring) Can't wait to ride tomorrow, will report back with more feedback tomorrow. Erik

what rate ti-spring did you go with??

i can't decide between the 5.4 or 5.6

i am 190 lbs.

Stock is supposed to be 5.5 and we measured my stock spring at 5.43. So when I checked my sag last weekend, it was spot on at 100mm, and the bike worked great. I went with a 5.4 spring, because when I'm in riding shape I weigh 185. Out of shape I'm 195. Right now I'm weighing around 190-191.

If the spring tests out to be too soft, We will order the 5.6. Tomorrow will tell, and I will post results. We also ran stiffer fork springs. Steve at Shock therapy in Brea, Ca. is doing my suspension. Please let me know if any word on Carbon fiber skidplate and engine guards become available. Thanks in advance, Erik

We will have our Skid Plates for the '05 CRF450 available by 10/22/04. They are in production now, and could possibly be available a day or two earlier than that. The Engine Guards will be available 10/27/04. Thanks...Eric