Sign in to follow this  

MX 573

yes. I ride there a lot when my bike's not in pieces. I'm about 30 minutes away, across the border in NY. If I ever get it back together I'll ride there again too!

The last I heard, Ed (the owner) was looking to sell the property. But he said he'd only sell it if the new owner kept the track open. I haven't been there in a couple months, so I'm not sure if anything changed. He's been talking about this every year since I started going back in 2000.

As for the 4stroke exhaust...he's got a rule about no loud bikes. He doesn't like the 4 strokes because they're usually so loud, so I respect that and try not to make much noise if possible. Usually I'll ride a gear higher than normal to keep the RPMs and volume down. I've seen him ask a few guys on loud 2strokes to leave. Again, I haven't been there in a while, so I don't know if he's become more strict about noise.

i was just wondering because i want to go check it out, but don't feel like driving 4 hours to go home again b/c i'm too loud. and if he has sent 2-strokes home i don't think i'm going to go that far. does he just check it by ear or does he use a meter like the AMA says they use at races or something similar? is there anybody local complaining about the noise?

He doensn't "check" the bikes. Basically, if you're running something that's obnoxiously loud, he'll let you know. He's never said a word to me about my CRF, or anyone else I've gone there with, who have aftermarket pipes on their 450s. So basically, unless you don't have a silencer, you'll be fine. The guys on the 2strokes had older bikes with no packing in the silencer, and they were running them at top RPM, just to be obnoxious.

He says there are a couple people down the road that complain about the noise. Nothing to shut him down, but I think he's just trying to not make waves with the community.

So if you want to check it out, don't worry about the sound issue, as long as you've got a working muffler. I'd call first to make sure he hasn't changed any rules/prices. With all the rain we've had up here I'm sure he's been losing quite a bit of money on trying to just maintain the track and the grounds. The track is on a hill, so the topsoil he puts down is only there until the next rain, so I bet it's costing him bundles to keep it up. I know he's been thinking of shutting down for just that reason, so you might want to find out the scoop before the long drive.

The website it mx573.com, and there's a phone number on there.