Sign in to follow this  

will 02 showa 47mm parts work on 05 crf450 forks?

I have a set of Showa 47mm kit forks from 02/03 and was going to sell them, but mabye they will still be better than the 05 crf450 production forks?

you know those kit forks will have the large 30mm bass valve and nitrite coated damper rod and afew other upgrades, all the stuff will interchange with your 05 stuff--except your brake calipair stay spacing,-----it never hurts to have a spare set of suspension, you can have them set up identical and you can make changes and when your practicing its easy to swap ft ends and test and realy get dialed and then you could have a set for indoor and outdoor.---or just have a back up if you like.

if you do sell them, do you think they'll fit on my bike? Where did you get this "kit"? Are you talking about the works kit that PC offers and some other companies..?

Hey PJL,

Were those forks as great as you expected them to be when you got them? Are they that much better than stock? I'd really like to know.

Thanks,

Craig

very, very plush. I have ridden alot of well set-up bikes, but the forks were not set-up for me and they are incredible. A little soft for me, but barely, and I will be having them made a little stiffer and putting them on my 05. Incredible, yes, worth the money??? depends on your $$$

pjl

just an idea.

if you wish to use you PC suspension on your 05, buy a oversize front rotor kit for a 02-03, you 05 caliper will fit right on, and it will also fit your fork.

I can only say :cry: for Motomaster oversize kit it works great.

thanks daniel, I have a couple of sets of oversize rotors from my 02 that I intend to use. Thanks alot for the advice...

Pics of what? my forks? they look like stockers, but the sliders are Ti-nitrade gold and the bottoms are anodized black. Not much to see. My cable to download pics from my digital camera is missing also.