Sign in to follow this  

lookn do get into dirtbikes

I have a yfz450 and a 400ex and i am looking to get into dirtbiking. I am 17 5'11" 185 pounds. I ride my friends cr250 all the time, and i was wondering which bike is better for the long run a crf250 or a crf450. And wut is the top speed of each.

depends on what kind of riding you plan on doing. if you're not banging the rev limiter all the time, both bikes could last a very long time. all you have to do is maintain them. change the oil and air filter regularly. my stock geared 04 450 does somewhere around 80 up top. but thats not where these bikes shine.

I have a yfz450 and a 400ex and i am looking to get into dirtbiking. I am 17 5'11" 185 pounds. I ride my friends cr250 all the time,

You serious? Where have you been riding this CR250 all the time, on the street? And you own a 450 and a 400 and are just starting to look at riding in the dirt?

Maybe you've been riding SuperMotard for a while, and want to try strictly dirt? Sorry dude, but I just am not understanding your question. Try again? :cry:

I think he means his experience is limited to his YFZ450 (quad) and his 400ex (quad), with the exception of some occasional riding his buddies' dirtbike, a CR250. He is interested in buying a dirt bike now it seems.

I am coming off of quads too. I have ridden my buddies' KTM 450sx, and a couple two strokes. I like both. The two strokes are snappy and fun. But, for me, the fourstroke is so easy to learn with. Its torquey, gear selection isn't as crutial, and the "hit" is much less intimidating. I decided on the CRF450 for these reasons. But, down the road, I may add a used 2 smoke play bike, to the fleet, before they are extinct. :cry:

Thanks Jimbo. I'm not familiar with quads, so I missed that. Hey, from the look of your avatar, you and your (future, '05) CRF450 are getting along just fine! :cry: