Sign in to follow this  

XR70R Skid plate Install...?

Do any of you XR/CRF 70/50 owners have photos of the skid plate installed ? I kneed to know where to put the bolts ?

My instructions didn't say much (MOOSE) I think most plates are just about the same for the xr70 at least they look alike ...lol.

DanmacK..................................................

The front bolts should bolt to the cylinder and the rear should slip under the footpeg mount but abouve the end of the bolts that hold it on.

there are two bolts that are in the head ....do I remove them ?

Do I replace them with supplied bolts (ones that came with plate)

If I could see photo's it would help.

DanmacK................................................

Can you show me a link of the skid plate.There are 2 different types of skid plates.The first one bolts to the front of the head.The other type(which is the most common)bolts to the cylinder mounting tabs.

I got it on .

There is two holes that have nothing in them and they are threded so I put the supplied bolts in them and it lined-up exactly and the two front bolts of the four that hold the foot pegs come out and the supplied longer bolts go right in with supplied spacers ....it fit nice and so simple !

When I saw another one it looked like the head bolts were alreddy there and I figured I 'd have to remove them ...all I was thinking was gasket replacement....lol...I was wrong .

Thanks anyways...DanmacK :cry: