Sign in to follow this  

baffle

alright heres the deal. 2004 crf230f. Just the other day I took the baffle off (exhaust), took the snorkel off (airbox) , white brother powerfilter, bbr rev box, and a jetting kit is on the way. i've heard that you have to adjust the jetting once you de-baffle the exhaust. is this true, and if so could somebody give me some pointers?

thanks.

alright heres the deal. 2004 crf230f. Just the other day I took the baffle off (exhaust), took the snorkel off (airbox) , white brother powerfilter, bbr rev box, and a jetting kit is on the way. i've heard that you have to adjust the jetting once you de-baffle the exhaust. is this true, and if so could somebody give me some pointers?

thanks.

Yup, you should rejet. Just till you get the kit and your exhaust, I'd pop it back in... :cry:

My experience is that removing the baffle only did not necessitate a jetting change, but did make an increase in performance. Removing the airbox inlet Clearly made the engine run leaner. If you remove both you should increase the main jet to a 132, and install a 45 pilot jet, and you may find an improvement by installing the needle clip in the fourth groove from the top. You may also notice a very slight improvement(if you are sensitive) by installing the accessory needle Honda sells for this application.