Sign in to follow this  

October 2 and 3 WORCS Race Berthoud CO Race Schedule

The race schedule posted on the VDR website is wrong. The correct schedule is posted on the WORCS website. There are a number of time changes so review the schedule on the WORCS website.

See you there!

I got a horrible start, then proceeded to dump the 300

3 times on the first lap. To say I was bringing up the rear

of the pack would be putting it mildly. At least I missed the big pile up in the first turn.

On the bright side I did not finish last, and I got to ride

the 300. Nice ride, needs some jetting work though.

The Pro guys are seriously fast!

The track started freshly disked with big clumps of dirt everywhere. The track got seriously rutted and rough. The supposedly long fast wide track was shortened due to rain and was six inches wide in places with big clumps of disked dirt on either side.

They had a motocross start in the 40+ A and a motocross crash in the first turn. I got though that with a bump then arms pumped up rock hard 200 yards out and never let up.

I don't know where I ended up. I didn't have any fun.

Overall it was fun, but not what I expected. The track was in terrible shape all weekend. I'm sure most of that had to do with all the rain you guys got the days before. There obviously isn't time to groom throughout the day so the conditions were pretty rough for my event (6) on Sat. I figured Sun AM event 1 would treat me much better. Wrong! Big ass dirt chunks that had me wishing for some damn ruts to ride in. :cry:

My weekend in brief...

1. holy smokes it was expensive $$$$$

2. why can't WORCS post the race length of each class?????

3. the regular VDR scrambles are more fun

4. the pros are VERY fast

5. I am now better at riding ruts than I was on Friday

6. a 90% full stock CRF tank will get you 10yds past the checker flag in a 1hr 20min race :cry:

Yeah it was fun, would I drive all over the Western part of the country to follow the series.... no

Kent