Sign in to follow this  

05' rmz 250 with fmf factory 4

got the pipe with the jetting specs and didnt seem right.so im using a stock clip and postion,42 pilot,182 main.took plug out and seemed lean.how can this be.every one i know is running like 175 for main.james dean need advice please.

What is the stock jetting?

Pilot jet- 40 or 42

Fuel screw- 2 turns?

Needle- OBEKS ?

clip position- #4 from top?

Main jet- #178?

The needle clip position could be lean or fuel screw setting. Focus on how the bike runs more than plug readings. Be aware of throttle position as you evaluate and make changes focused on where adjustment is needed.

James

stock pilot was at 40. the fuel screw was at 1.5. it is now at 2. the main jet was 178. the stock needle and clip position is stock. the bike seems to run great and pull fine.except up steep hills it feels slow.could be me though.

Can you reconfirm the needle code? OBEKS?

The only range that looks lean is the needle diameter. The main jet is probably richer than best power.

If the bike runs good, keep the setting and lower the main jet to stock 178. This should improve top-end power.

James

it is the OBEKS needle. so should i leave alone or change.your the expert here on this 1.thank you for all your help.