U-4 race gas for yzf 450

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DONT USE THAT CRAP!!!! STICK WITH REGULAR PUMP GAS! The only decent race gas that I have used is klotz.

How about you back up your opinion with some facts? I have used it and noticed that my bike ran alot crisper and really ripped. Not to mention it smells great IMO. Go buy yourself 5 gallons and try it out on your own. Make sure you store it in the metal container though, because it will lose its oxygenates if you don't.

DONT USE THAT CRAP!!!! STICK WITH REGULAR PUMP GAS! The only decent race gas that I have used is klotz.

How about you back up your opinion with some facts? I have used it and noticed that my bike ran a lot crisper and really ripped. Not to mention it smells great IMO. Go buy yourself 5 gallons and try it out on your own. Make sure you store it in the metal container though, because it will lose its oxygenates if you don't.

I bought 10 gallons from Temecula motorsports. My bike hated it! It gummed up my carb. Did not have the crispness like klotz. It goes bad extremely fast (even they tell you it's only good for a couple days). It also seemed like I lost some power with it compared to the Klotz. Blew some more smoke and made my house stink for 6 months.

Here is the Klotz website, check it out! Klotz

Did you even re-jet?

Did you store your fuel in a metal container?

Being only 17, I cannot financially afford to run this fuel all the time and will probably not be able to buy some for a while. If I had the money, you'd bet I'd have a 55 gallon drum in my garage. ?

Did you even re-jet?

Did you store your fuel in a metal container?

Being only 17, I cannot financially afford to run this fuel all the time and will probably not be able to buy some for a while. If I had the money, you'd bet I'd have a 55 gallon drum in my garage. ?

I had the bike tuned by a pro. and the gas went from the metal can to the tank and then I rode.

I put a K&N in my yfz 450 quad and its great but dont know on the yzf 450!! I live off of clinton keith by the hospital. I ride at cuhilla and elsinore, but usually do a lot of winter riding in the sand dunes!!! We are going out 3rd week of october with a group of people, your invited!! Matt ?

I put a K&N in my yfz 450 quad and its great but dont know on the yzf 450!! I live off of clinton keith by the hospital. I ride at cuhilla and elsinore, but usually do a lot of winter riding in the sand dunes!!! We are going out 3rd week of october with a group of people, your invited!! Matt ?

DAMN, I'm heading out Halloween. I'll be at glamis with a group of friends on the 30,31,1. I'd love to go but I cant take anymore time off from work. Well I have to see if there going to give me this time off. If not I may be able to get the weak before. I'll P.M. you my home and cell phone numbers. Then we can hook up and ride some time. I mainly ride trails, desert, and dunes and rarely motocross.

Can anyone tell me if they have tried the U-4 race gas versus 91 octane pump gas?? Does it reaaly make a difference?? or does it just smell good? Thanks Matt

This is a funny post. I'm sorry I am not trying to be rude but... I guess the reason I think its funny is because I know the benefits of it. Once you use it you'll probably laugh too. Just bump all your jetting up 1 and go rip. The smell is just a small added bonus to what you get from this gas.

FYI: careful with the fumes they give serious headaches. Also dont let it touch your skin. This stuff evaporates weird. If you pour alittle on something you'll see what I mean. Regular gas just sits there, this stuff just floats away or something.

How about you back up your opinion with some facts? I have used it and noticed that my bike ran a lot crisper and really ripped. Not to mention it smells great IMO. Go buy yourself 5 gallons and try it out on your own. Make sure you store it in the metal container though, because it will lose its oxygenates if you don't.

I bought 10 gallons from Temecula motorsports. My bike hated it! It gummed up my carb. Did not have the crispness like klotz. It goes bad extremely fast (even they tell you it's only good for a couple days). It also seemed like I lost some power with it compared to the Klotz. Blew some more smoke and made my house stink for 6 months.

Here is the Klotz website, check it out! Klotz

ok I can take some bad info on this board, but this is @!$##@$#@!$ ridiculous..To say VP U4 is bad is like saying I can beat RC! I have been using U-4 since it came out in my 450 and although it is expensive it will make your bike run better than it ever can on any pump gas. It adds approx 2-3 hp, you do not have to rejet for it (I do not care what anyone else says about this) It will gum up your carb if you leave it in your carb for extended time (like all gas)- I drain my tank & carb floatbowl every weekend - takes 1-3 min(big deal). If it is stored in metal can like all gas is supposed to it will last years. I have not used Klotz - and have no intention of trying it.(i do not know who even sells it here) VP knows race gasoline and U4 is the best race gas I have used in my 4 stroke. It will never rob power from your bike unless your bike is set up crappy in the first place.....

my 2cents... ?

Ga426owner - do you know about octane boosters? I started a thread couple of days ago when we got our dyno runs back, Fast Foward increased BHP by 10-12 at least. Usuall short sighthed remarks about fudging and lying etc, but its genuine. Need someone who knows about this stuff to either back it up, or come up with a soultion to prove otherwise.