Sign in to follow this  

CRF150 Stator

Alrighty, I'm thinking about getting my stator rewound so I can run a headlight and (maybe) run a battery for my GPS.

Anyone ever done this with a 150 and who'd they use?

Also- does anyone know if the CRF150 stator is used on any other more common bike? I'm not sure if my line of thinking is actually logic or not but I'm wondering if it would be of value to try to find a used one and then send that one (or mine) in to be rewound so that my bike isn't out of commission during the process. Also, I'm worried about the whole thing not working out and my bike being down and we're about to head to Mexico. Am I paranoid?? (edited: even better- is there a stronger stator that would fit on the 150 without needing to be rewound??)

The 230 stator looks to be the same plate but more of the armitures are wound. It's $20 more than the 150's stator. 230 statotr: $98.01 for 31120-KPS-901 from Service Honda it's rated 60W/5000rpm.

Here's some links for stator winding: www.rickystator.com &

www.electrexusa.com

You'll need to get a regulator or lighting coil. Should be able to get a universal one for not too much.

Good luck!

:cry:

Rickystator is a personal friend of mine. His work is second to none. I am pretty sure you could purchase all of the necessary parts for a 230 and mount onto your 150 concerning the battery box and all of the related parts for the charging system. Should all bolt right on. Might cost a few more bucks, but the final installation would be factory clean.....

Thanks for the good info guys.

I've summed up what I've found so far at:

Thumpertalk- 150 lighting

Electreusa is out of the rewind biz but they still sell. Ricky Stator seemed very helpful and professional. My biggest hurdle is that I live in Canada and my experience has been that shipping across the border is a pain in the butt. I'm trying to decide it it's worth it to do right now and the best way to go about it with the smallest amount of down time.

here is a email i recieved asking ricky about the 230 stator.

in order to run lights you will need a rewind on the stator which we charge $100 for

the lights will run off the battery once the stator is rewound also

you will need a good rectifier/regulator $45

when all this is done you can charge the battery AND run 80 watts of power (lighting)

thanks-ricky

-----------------

im going with ricky :cry:

I have a 35w headlight but have not ridden enough at night to see if I can drain the battery. I think I'll just run a gear lower than normal to make sure I'm keeping up. 60 watts from the stock 230 stator @ 5000 rpm should be more than enough.

here is a email i recieved asking ricky about the 230 stator.

Hi, yeah- the key point here is that you asked about rewinding the 230 stator- I asked about replacing my 150 stator with the stock 230 stator and was told it wasn't meant to run a battery & lights so I'd be better off rewinding my 150 stator.

Your rewound stator will give you more than enough to do both.