Honda 350x with FCR-MX --- HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes its a three wheeler but it still a 4 stroke

any clue what jets to start with?

can it be done?

The FCR should work great for you--

Do you already have it running with one?

What jets are in it now? What size? 37mm, 39mm, 41mm?

pilot

needle code

main

-

pilot air

main air

Have you been riding it or is it new?

Having any problems?

James

I was going to buy one new but still looking for a good price. I think I will go with a 39mm keihin FCR-MX with no cold start. I need to know(or may have to wait until I get it) where I can get differnt size spigot if I need one. A ballpark idea on the jets would be helpful so I can order them.

The carburetor will come pre-jetted from Sudco (if that's your source). There are not any different size spigots available. Keihin carburetors use needles with different diameters instead. These are all single tapered needles.

See- The FCR Needle Chart

Usually they come with needle OCEMR. You can get OCEMP and OCEMN as spares along with main jets to match the airbox ranging from 155-170 as an estimate.

I would suggest getting the 37mm carb unless the high RPM range is all you're looking for. The 250 MXer's use them and still spin to 12,000+RPM. The FCR carburetor will bog severely if the vacuum drops from too low of an RPM and the accelerator pump doesn't get the engine speed to rise quick enough. Idle speeds are usually set at 1500-2000 RPM.

I hope this helps,

James