Sign in to follow this  

Which tire is the best for all-round use?

Have a DR-Z E since the beginning of this year and made it street legal (in Belgium). I bought it (and I like it) because of its all-round capabilities and use it 70% on the road and for the rest mainly on off-road trails. I have currently Metzler Sahara tires on it and am quite pleased with their overall behaviour.

Any other suggestions?

Guido

I don't think you'll ever find a knobbie that doesn't grip the street well. All you have to worry about is pattern and wear. Don't be afraid of a non d.o.t tire being dangerous on the street, I've yet to come across any combination that makes her overly squirrelly.

bf goodrich crossengo are petty good have a very aggesive

tread pattern clear mud well and are road legal

ive had pirelli on and they are not good took them off after two trips ...trackmasters are a good tyre too.. any one out there run a 80/100 front with 90/110 rear ive been told there is more grip in wet conditions which is good if you live in england

Avon Gripsters!!! I ride about 70% street, 30% trails and race Supermoto in the Sportman class with these. I love 'em!

Hey Gui,

just my two cents..

I ran a set of D756s as i ride probably 70D % 30R and they lasted for about 2 mos!, great traction though while they there, but dang 2 mos... can't afford to be replacing tires that often, i don't recommend them if you will be doing ANY street riding. oh and also what street riding i did do was very shaky..

Now i run a 100/110 Bridgestone M22 rear and a 80/100 M23 in front, thinking that the hard terrain tire migght last longer than the soft ones again great traction, they hook up insanely when i off road and are very stable on the street, wearing quite a bit better than my 756s but wearing much faster than i'd like.

my buddy runs the same old trailwings he got with his bike, they are showing virtually no wear, and there is no where we go that he isnt right behind me. except when we're in the mud, he climbs all the same hills, and everything, i can't believe it, im always like :cry:

Just recently i bought a set of d606s front and rear, haven't put em on yet, but i will do that saturday after i get my new wheel spoked up on my hub, My buddy decided to with a set of maxxis 6006 i think? kind of an interlocking tread. we'll see how they compare, it's been raining a lot here, whice is VERY RARE so things are gonna be muddy :cry: maybe i'll run off and leave them.

I'll let you know how i like the 606s. and how the compare to the maxxis.

:cry:

Mt21s work pretty well, but off road in the mud,(even mild mud), they stink.

I'm experimenting with non dot tires, but looking for advice.

Tried Kenda millville and Michelin m12s. Ride 50s/50d, but when I'm in the dirt, I'm talking gnarly wet,loose, rocky, muuddy uphill, downhill, sidehill, western new york/norther pennsylvania awesome terrain. Still looking for the -perfect all around tire. Will probably never find it. Right now, I change tires on my rims about every time the type of ride changes. Anyone got a spare set of rims for sale for a '03s????