Sign in to follow this  

Will we ever see longer supermoto seasons?

Do you guys think that supermoto will ever get to the point where there is more than just a couple month season? Like maybe road racing or motocross? I'm hopeing supermoto is here to stay this time.Also, it would be cool if they would show more of it on tv. :cry:

Yer i think it'll go that way. Not like the AMA mx/sx though that hardly ever stops. But i think supermoto can run a similar format to Road racing or Gp mx. 15 rounds from march - October times.

Here in Europe it's really taking off with the S1 and S2 world championchips. 1 thing thats different with you guys in america is there seems to be more prestige in the 450's where here it's the S1 big bike class. Maybe this will change though if suzuki, Honda, etc make proper 450 supermoto bikes which i can't see being far off.

I give it a few more years and it'll be huge :cry:

I just hope the supermoto doesn't go the same way as motox where all the good riders seem to go to america e.g Reed, Alby, DV, Tortelli etc. It'd be nice to see a proper world champ.

The X games has to of helped as far as bringing more media attention as well as they did a great job imo and i only got to see it on a webcast at 4am!