Sign in to follow this  

Reliability of WB Carbon Pro pipe?

As I think about buying one for my 05, I would like to have some feedback: does this pipe hold up well? Does it crack or break at some points?

Yea I was just wondering the same thing? How does the carbon fiber hold up to rocks, dirt, etc. Was repacking it anything difficult?

The pipe works really well. It is not reliable. The mounting bracket on the carbon can will come loose, and if you don't repair it in time will crack the can. The flange on the headpipe cracks off at the cylinder. Both are very common problems. WB has fixed both when they happened to me, but both times I was without my pipe for weeks. Still waiting for a replacement headpipe right now, which are backordered. At the time I bought it, it was the best thing going, even though I had the Ramsey pipe on my 03 which completely fell apart and they did not replace. If I was buying a new pipe today I would get the Dr D. no questions. I think it has the same performance and is better built and cheaper too. I've ridden several others and none stack up to these 2 in the performance area (without getting into the TA/Jemco debate, those pipes might be good too, better I'm not sure).

One thing is for sure, the stock pipe is weak. Every time I have to put it back on, my bike feels so slow.

I've ridden several others and none stack up to these 2 in the performance area (without getting into the TA/Jemco debate, those pipes might be good too, better I'm not sure).

One thing is for sure, the stock pipe is weak. Every time I have to put it back on, my bike feels so slow.

COME ON MAN, YOU DON'T WANT TO START A FLAME WAR???? YOU FORGOT ABOUT MY BOOMING EAR SPLITTING OLD LADY SCARING SUPERTRAPP/YOSHIMURA HYBRID... Hehehe :cry:

I agree...once a good pipe replaces the stocker, the stocker just don't feel that hot no more...like it did when it was new.

I put a supertrapp on my 02 and it isn't all that loud. Mine has the 2.5 inch core and I think yours has a 2.75 inch core or maybe I'm just used to how loud flattrack bikes are. I have a decibal meter now so I should check to see how much louder my Supertrapp is compared to my buddies WB carbon pro pipe. I just know the Supertrapp makes way more power than my old WB R4.

As I think about buying one for my 05, I would like to have some feedback: does this pipe hold up well? Does it crack or break at some points?

The Carbon Fiber version looks sweet but does not hold up well especially if you ever crash - That is why I purchased the Aluminum Race Version - it is identical to the carbon fiber but the cannister is aluminum. It has held up perfectly for me and I do occasionally crash - No issues with the brackets or anything - turns a cool bluish purple color - looks sweet! Performance gains are awesome - power increase at all rpm ranges - I will buy this pipe again if I go red for 05 - :cry:

I put a supertrapp on my 02 and it isn't all that loud. Mine has the 2.5 inch core and I think yours has a 2.75 inch core or maybe I'm just used to how loud flattrack bikes are.

I just know the Supertrapp makes way more power than my old WB R4.

I don't think it's too loud, but at the track when I go by under full throttle, dogs cringe and hide, old ladies stain panties, and children all over cry for daddy! :cry:

I am going to test the different end caps this weekend and even change some disc amounts...