Sign in to follow this  

Best Exhaust for XR4? - One More Time!

I'm interested in HP throughout the range - not too concerned about noise level but would like to sound good if not quiet. (I've scratched the crap out of my stock end-pipe so I've half-justified the cost in my mind already.)

Yes, I've done the GM's and a pumper carb (Edelbrock) is on order.

Whatcha got???

Did you pull the insert/screen from your stock exhaust?? It's hard to beat an opened up stock canister in my opinion.

Sounds like you want some bling bling though.

It's tough to pull the insert/screen on the '03 without actually cutting it right out or taking out the whole thing including the end cap.

You're right about the "bling thing", but not for how it looks - just how it works. Of course you usually feel good about a pipe that delivers and sounds good too! (Then you convince yourself that it also looks good.) :cry:

If you're not worried about sound, you could run a Pro Circuit T-4

hondat4.jpg

as it comes with a Spark Arestor Screen that's removeable. I have one on my bike and it's too loud for this area, but I take my chances. I'll be getting a Pro Circuit 496 sometime in the future.

4h496.jpg

I dont know the difference between performance exhausts. that being said, i love my xr's only pipe. sounds good, looks good, and the performance is good. maby someone will post that has run different performance exhausts, to give a fair comparison! :cry:...enjoy your search 4 knowledge :cry: