Sign in to follow this  

Mt. St. Helens

I have never ridden GP and I don't know if you can even see St. Helens from the trails. Can someone here who has ridden it comment?

I know a bunch of people at a photography board who want to drive down in hopes of an eruption. If I don't ride there I may drive. Also, if someone knows of any good back roads to some nice view points that won't be overwhelmed with people, PM me.

Greg

I am heading that way next thursday to ride for four days . were going to be staying at the Blue lake CG , kinda weird that it might blow again .

I`ll be in a 97 ford f350 crew cab 4x4 towing a 30 ft toy hauler and a 34 ft motorhome towing a 14 ft enclosed trailer and possibly a couple others also. We will look for you, hope to have fun .

John :cry:

Toyota,

I was gone all day yesterday and only got notice about the increased alert level a few hours ago. If it hasn't blown by next weekend, lets go. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Greg

NWJohn, stopped into Blue Lake Creek and the place was chocked full of horses and horse trailers, so full in fact, they had the entire road near the cans plugged up with trailers. They'd completely shut down the campground, only several hunters were in there otherwise. So we staged at the ORV staging area 1/4 mile up the road. Did make it to the top of Hamilton Butte, got some nice pictures of our infamous mountain. It was full of steam, wife took the grandkids to the observatory and she said it was steaming all day I wasnt sure if I was just seeing a cloud or steam, I guess it was steam. Weather was flawless! Man, what a perfect clear day for a ride. I had my regular buddies and we had a new recruit with us, "DieselsRcool" what a great rider! We hooked up here on TT as we both were looking and bought WR450's at the same time. Hung out afterwards, BS'd and had a nice BBQ with lots of eats. We went to blue lake, over the blue lake ridge, past mouse lake, then down to Cat Creek Chimney, then up the Hamilton Butte, then down the Yazoo trail back to the 271 and back to blue lake and down to blue lake campground. Was a total of about 40 miles. What a perfect day! :cry: