Sign in to follow this  

Green Corrosion in Carb.

A buddy of mine has been running U4 straight in his CRF250 (about 5 months) and has started to notice a high end miss condition. When he took out his 160 main it was black, with green crud in the hole. The slow looked the same, with similar deposits on the carb. drain bolt to access the jets. Anyone else had a similar experience using U4. Should you not let U4 sit in the carb. Should I be worried, I have only run about 4 gallons through mine.

garyr, I have been using U-4 for about a year and a half now, on and off. You are exactly right!! If you let the fuel sit in the carb for a few weeks, especially if the temperature is hot, it will turn color and become very tacky. I live in the So. Cal. desert, and during the summer I discovered I needed to drain the bowl before putting my bike on the stand in the garage for more than two weeks. I experienced the exact symptoms as your friend with hard starting and missing due to clogged slow and main jets.

yes the oxy fuel is good but the care storage and temp is hard-----you can not leave it in the bike , the fuel starts to go bad and get week instantly and must be kept in the dark in a mettal container under 85 degrees, and bike and tank must be drained after use ,----the stuff pulls moisture and corrosion set in quickly,-------