Sign in to follow this  

Doublin Gap

Has anyone heard if Doublin Gap is going to change the track around? One of the guys I race with said he heard a change was being planned, but I have only heard this from one person.

I heard the same thing also, I havent raced since the begining of 2000, Just bought a leftover 04 YZ450F, cant wait till spring to race, I also hope they have more practice days like they use to, do you know if they do?, Ill be a bit rusty lol.

I also hope they have more practice days like they used to, do you know if they do?

Typically not, they only had one practice this year and that was a Friday from 4pm-7pm before the big race weekend in June. Track was nice though, I got three motos in.

Start sending requests in for practice days to their website. I sent them one, they said they were possibly looking into holding some all day practices next year. Come to Pagoda next year, they hold a couple.

I'll send them an e-mail also about adding some practice days to their schedule. Hey revitup-which class do you run at Doublin? I'm in 125c #277. mxmhero-Do you live in the Shippensburg area? If you want you could come over and ride with us at my dad's place. We have 3 acres with a small track, we usually ride on Wed. night from like 5:30 til dark. Usually 2-3 quads and 2-3 bikes per night. It's not much, but it's riding time, AND IT'S FREE! If you are going racing at Doublin let me know, I'll be there.

Hey revitup-which class do you run at Doublin? I'm in 125c #277.

I'm a wannabe vet racer (VET C) although I could run 125C if I want to live dangerously, that class is packed :cry:. I was going to start doing some races this year until I injured myself and was out for 7 weeks. I'm going to try to catch some late races this year. I'm thinking maybe Happy Ramblers on 10/31. :cry:

Hey thx. for the offer to come ride at your place, I havent riden or raced a bike since early 2000, I raced 250C, and sometimes 250B. I live about 2 hours from shippensberg, Near the valleyforge area, I remember the couple years that i did goto doublin they had at least 4 to 5 practice saturdays a year, we will definatly have to hook up sometime, I wanna try roushcreek also.

do rocket next weekend Grant...What better place to make a come back...lol :cry:

I'll be at Pagoda working the booth. I might try to race though for my debut. :cry::cry:

I'm just south of Shippensburg in Chamberaburg. 2 hours might be a long drive to see our track. It's not that exciting! We are going to try and build it up slowly, the only problems we are having is a really bad neighbor. It's sad how one person can ruin it for everyone. We have a development right beside us and no one in there complains(they all ride too, so they understand). But a farmer is complaining about dust and noise! It's stupid. If you are ever in the area though, come check us out. And as for living dangerously in 125c class...it's not that bad, unless you like being punched, kicked and hit by 14 year old going down the start straight!!! I wish they would learn manners, but if you want to move out of that class I guess that's what you have to do. :cry:

Grant,

Happy is more technical than The Rocket. Try the Nov 14th race at the Rocket. I'll see ya there :cry:

Bill

If you are thinking of tring HR on 10-31, Doublin still has a race on 11-7 too that you might be able to squeeze in.

Yea, I'm going to see what I can get in before the end of the year. Doublin on the 7th looks like a possibility too. HR on the 31st might be a go but I see they have 2 other races left. Lot of Happy and RR left for the remainder.

10/31 HR

11/7 DG

11/14 HR, RR

11/21 RR

11/28 HR

Grant,

Happy is more technical than The Rocket. Try the Nov 14th race at the Rocket. I'll see ya there

Bill

Don't you have to work the HR race Bill or do you have all your hours in already? Yea, I visited once this year, heard it was a more technical. The top part doesn't look to bad from what I saw but really couldn't see the swerving back parts. Ruts looked deep although I'm getting a little better a them now, I can stay in the rut 3/4 of the way now :cry:. Would like to get some experience on it even if I'm just cruising along :cry: . Talking to Shelly yesterday at Rocket, the track might be reversed, a whole new ballgame :cry:

Isaacsaunders277, have you been to Rocket yet? It's a lot closer for you, the place is great!

Those last races might be cold...took my last ride in November last year and it was 42 outside.....brrrr

Yeah, I was at Rocket once last year for a practice day. I haven't been back since though. I'm going to go next year over the summer, I doubt I'll get a chance to go to any of the remaining ones this year there. It is a really nice track and fun to ride on. I'll definately be there next year a few times. I also need to go to HR and try that track out. I just started racing this year, so I'm slowly expanding where I ride. About Doublin Gap: I was there yesterday for ROXYS cust. app. day. The track was in good shape, they didn't disc it, just put water down, but not soaked. I finally started doing some of the doubles I wasn't doing. I wish they would repair the take-off on the stepup-stepdown jump though, it's really hard for a lot of people to clear right now.

Sounds good, I'll touch base on Doublin Gap closer to the date. Have a good one.