Sign in to follow this  

XR120 bore in kit

OK, bought the piston kit that is supposedly just a bore and ready to go. Well, there isn't enough meat in the skirt for this to work. I had our mechanic at work do it for me (has probably bored over 100 cylinders) and the skirt wore so thin it cracked. Anybody else try this piston kit yet? Part number is 4773m05800 and it was an 01 cylinder with only about 15 hours on it. Also, is there a sleeve available for this cylinder????

There is no way you can get a 58mm piston in a stock sleeve.

What brand is the BBK?

There are 120cc kits that you don't need case machining but they still need a sleeve in the cylinder.

I think Powroll sells a 110cc kit that will just bore into a stock sleeve.

There is no way you can get a 58mm piston in a stock sleeve.

What brand is the BBK?

It is from Wiseco and they (well our distributor) told us it would work without sleeving. So I guess I will track down a sleeve and go from there.

Wiseco has the cheepest sleeve that I could find at least here in the great soon to be white north.

Make sure that the sleeve you get you don't have to machine the cases. You'll need to split the cases if you need to machine them.

I just looked at the wiseco site and it states on page 6 of the honda section, * NO Case Machining Required

* Requires Cylinder Resleeving

Sleeve Part # 3078FA

Hope this helps :cry:

yes it does, wish I had looked into this before, but I went with what someone from a wiseco distributor who obviously had never done this before was telling me.