Sign in to follow this  

RPM with a 15/47

I am thinking about trying a 47 tooth spocket on my S. How many RPM's did it increse the motor at say 70 MPH? Is it still ridable on a highway for short periods of time say 15 minutes? I think that the 44t is just too high, I want a little more low end grunt.

I've been using a 14/47 for months now, and I ride on the freeway all the time. Maybe it is a little buzzy, but hey, it's better than changing sprockets for the weekend.

I have a 2001 "E". I run 15/47 all the time.

I run 65+ on the street with out buzzing the motor to high.

No tach!!

Still plenty of low down grunt for the slow stuff.

Corky :cry::cry:

I've been running 15/47 on my "S" for 3 seasons. No tach, but not at all a problem to run 70+ mph. The big benefit is being able to run tight single track and not be stuck in first gear all the time. The second benefit is that you can still use the stock chain length with the 15/47 combo.

Roscoe

I've been running 15/47 on my "S" for 3 seasons. No tach, but not at all a problem to run 70+ mph. The big benefit is being able to run tight single track and not be stuck in first gear all the time. The second benefit is that you can still use the stock chain length with the 15/47 combo.

Roscoe

I am going to the 15/47 have the sprokets do you think it would hurt to go up a couple of links on the chain length

I have a DR350 and I am looking to upgrade.I was wondering if anyone knew the weight of a DRZ400 vs the WE250f.

Roscoe

I am going to the 15/47 have the sprokets do you think it would hurt to go up a couple of links on the chain length

I just used my stock chain and it fit fine. If you go up too many links you may not have enough adjustment at swingarm to get proper chain tension.

can I use the stock chain with a 14/44 set up on the S?

Yes. You might be getting close to max rear adjustment though. I have 2 more notches left on my slack adjuster with a 14/44.

How the hell do you guys run the stock chain with 15/47 on an S? I fitted 14/47 Renthal combination today. Very briefly, I had 15/47 fitted with the chain tight (and I mean tight) while I loosened the front sprocket nut to swap it for a 14. The chain adjuster was on 0.4 (ie 4 notches up from #0)!

With 14/47, the adjuster is set to 1.4.

Ian

Milleonair,

Ditto on the 15/47? My chain was way too tight when I put the 47 sprocket on. I think I was at 0.3. I changed the front to the 14 and all is good. I'm just about at 2.0 on the adjusters. :cry:

I haven't ridden it yet as I'm waiting for the locktite to set up (24 hr cure).

15/47 rules!!! If the chain is too tight, just hang a couple dozen mingers and stretch that shite out!

Mine will top out at 90MPH with that setup :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: