Sign in to follow this  

Open Practice Mt Carroll MC Motopark Sat. 9-4

Interesting.... :cry:

I might just have to go up there and get some riding in, but I don't want to go up there by myself.

Neil, wanna go? Get Mike and the other normal goons and lets take a road trip! :cry:

There you go Bultaco, good idea!

Bultaco, were you on the Cheese Trail last saturday? Saw like 20 old school bultacos out there....

Yep, I was there. I hate the CCC (boring) but our Spanish Motorcycle Owner's Group (SMOG) had a Midwest wing-ding in Mineral Point, WI.

Does anyone know if they break up the practice into sessions(A,B,C,Quad,Kids) or is it a free for all? How is this track compared to Sunset?

I'm almost positive that they break it up in classes like Sunset.

I don't know if you can really compare it to Sunset. Mt. Carrol has a lot of elevation changes with big uphills and big downhills. It doesn't have as many fast parts as Sunset and I would say that it has a more jumps. The jumps are pretty safe with most of them being table tops or downhills with large landings.

Definitely a fun track that can really let you get some big air (just put in an uphill 110ft triple) and is in a cool location :cry:

I've been to 3 or 4 Mt Carroll open practice's and they were never filled up enough to dictate splitting up the bikes. Hell, by the end of the day I usually had the track to myself and one or two other bikes (maybe that's chang'n?). :cry:

Web site speaks of incoming rain and to call if your heading that way Saturday. :cry: